sharetrader
Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

New Zealand Shareholders Association have just sent out an email to their members asking for information about holdings in CBL and the purchase date of the shares. I hope that all readers and contributors to share trader are members of the NZSA.

I am .Dont hold CBL ,always to dodgy. Where wqere the directors. This reads like Fletchers. You need experienced people on boards, the NZ Directors rules training directors etc are too theoretical.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    I am .Dont hold CBL ,always to dodgy. Where wqere the directors. This reads like Fletchers. You need experienced people on boards, the NZ Directors rules training directors etc are too theoretical.
    This does not read like Fletchers, this reads far far worse!

Does any one remember Peter Harris speaking at NZSHA annual conference in Auckland 2 years ago? He told a story about insuring a mine operation in south america..He also said most of his time was spent travelling around the globe. I thought he was dodgy and thank god I stayed away. Business was too complex to understand..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12009623

RBNZ defends its CBL Confidentiality Call.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Today's interview with the RBNZ deputy governor Geoff Bascand about CBL board and management quite telling as well: "it is hard to deal with any entity that choose to disobey the law"

https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/p...-12-march-2018

Interesting appraisal of the CBL board. He must be pretty certain of his position.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Today's interview with the RBNZ deputy governor Geoff Bascand about CBL board and management quite telling as well: "it is hard to deal with any entity that choose to disobey the law"

https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/p...-12-march-2018

Interesting appraisal of the CBL board. He must be pretty certain of his position.
    Class action surely must be considered or under consideration.

And OF COURSE Bascand could not pass the opportunity to ask for more funding...

Would a larger office and more subordinates for Bascand have changed the outcome and oversight of CBL?... think not.

EDIT - just looking at this dudes dopey face makes me want to punch my screen in.
    Last edited by hardt; 12-03-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    And OF COURSE Bascand could not pass the opportunity to ask for more funding...

Would a larger office and more subordinates for Bascand have changed the outcome and oversight of CBL?... think not.

EDIT - just looking at this dudes dopey face makes me want to punch my screen in.
    Have a heart - probably been having sleepless nights overseeing CBL.

To be fair, it is HARD to deal with any entity which chooses to disobey the law, regulation and instructions - especially when the RBNZ is sgown again to have little teeth to deal with such delinquencies.

Imagine having to apply to the court before action can be taken!

Have a heart - probably been having sleepless nights overseeing CBL.

To be fair, it is HARD to deal with any entity which chooses to disobey the law, regulation and instructions - especially when the RBNZ is sgown again to have little teeth to deal with such delinquencies.

Imagine having to apply to the court before action can be taken!
    Thats no excuse for not implenting controls though....If I have to ring up the bank just to up a 10k payment limit, surely they should have the power to gatekeep 50mil. The financial regulatory system in nz is just a burdensome mess
    Last edited by Dust; 12-03-2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Spelling