sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Controlling your own dynasty and having financial independence is a fantastic position to aim for.
    Start now.
    Spend five months saving $2,000.In that 5 months research the sharemarket, and look for a share you want to own for the next ten years,or to hold for ever.Buy it,
    Then, while saving up you next $2,000 spend more time researching,looking for the next share you want to buy.
    Keep repeating the process.
    This sounds like a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Controlling your own dynasty and having financial independence is a fantastic position to aim for.
    Start now.
    Spend five months saving $2,000.In that 5 months research the sharemarket, and look for a share you want to own for the next ten years,or to hold for ever.Buy it,
    Then, while saving up you next $2,000 spend more time researching,looking for the next share you want to buy.
    Keep repeating the process.
    And if I may add too, once you have enough good dividend paying stocks, leverage them by making use of "margin lending". GL.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Ready Aim Fire Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    This has been the strategy I have employed over the last two years. It has worked ok for me. I had a targetted return in mind and have achieved this. Bear in mind I have been investing (buy and hold) and not trading. I have only sold twice over the two years.
    So how did you decide upon the target and do you set another more aggressive one having hit the bulleye?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Never take advice from anyone except ME

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    And if I may add too, once you have enough good dividend paying stocks, leverage them by making use of "margin lending". GL.
    I disagree with that simple statement.

You should understand what margin lending involves, the pluses and minuses, and consider whether it is something you wish to incorporate in your plan.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I disagree with that simple statement.

You should understand what margin lending involves, the pluses and minuses, and consider whether it is something you wish to incorporate in your plan.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Of course he should understand what margin lending is all about. I'm just adding on Percy's plan. In a sort of way I did what Percy said on my early years of investing. But that time will come when saving would be hard and too slow to build your share portfolio. And I've been using margin lending eversince. If others make use of their 1st rental property as a collateral for the next one, why not use your shares to accumulate further shares? Of course, you should be winning on your shares' selections in order not to turn the negative aspect of margin lending too

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Safe trading/investing. WD
    Many thanks Wallace!