sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Member

The company, any company, can include imputation credits or not depending on their financial structure at that time. The percentages will vary but I can say from my own investments that SPARK usually has imputation credits at a high percentage the divident tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    How do I find out which shares carry imputation credits? Is there any website or publication that lists shares on the NZX and gives the rate at which their divvies are imputed?
    Without this info it is difficult to evaluate the effective return.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    How do I find out which shares carry imputation credits? Is there any website or publication that lists shares on the NZX and gives the rate at which their divvies are imputed?
    Without this info it is difficult to evaluate the effective return.
    The NZX site shows historical dividends and associated imputation
    https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/sec.../THL/dividends
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Guru

Have a look at Birmanboy's site....

http://www.dividendyield.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    The NZX site shows historical dividends and associated imputation
    https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/sec.../THL/dividends
    Dumb question(s) coming up.
    I'm an employee with a marginal tax rate of 33%. I receive fully imputed dividends at 33% so I don't need to declare anything to IRD, or have any right to tax refunds. Right?
    What could I be doing differently to gain a benefit from imputation credits?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blind View Post
    I'm an employee with a marginal tax rate of 33%. I receive fully imputed dividends at 33% so I don't need to declare anything to IRD, or have any right to tax refunds. Right?

Retire.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post

Retire.
    I wish. If only

Guru

You already get the advantage of imputation credits by putting the dividend in the bank.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blind View Post
    If you owned via a company, the company tax rate is only 28% so you would get the 5% difference refunded (which is withholding tax, not imputations). Having said that, you have to pay the compliance costs of a company. and when you wanted to spend it, you would have to dividend out so would be taxed at your marginal tax rate at the time (you may have retired by then??)

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    If you owned via a company, the company tax rate is only 28% so you would get the 5% difference refunded (which is withholding tax, not imputations). Having said that, you have to pay the compliance costs of a company. and when you wanted to spend it, you would have to dividend out so would be taxed at your marginal tax rate at the time (you may have retired by then??)
    Thanks for that harvey. Will give the company option some thought. I suspect I'm 20 years at least from retirement given my youngest is 6 months old!!