sharetrader

Threaded View

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do family keep rent payments up ....and how ‘tough’ is the landlord if rent gets behind?
    Yes, no rent problems at all. The 'rules' are clear from the beginning and APs are required. One arrangement has been in place for nearly 20 years, over 2 properties and 2 relationships. One of the younger generation, tenancy has been in place 2 years and the commercial one couple of months.

Also to add that the young generation get interest free loans to buy a vehicle, APs required though slow repayment is Ok. One is 18, one is 21. The rule there is they can negotiate more interest free loans for approved purposes after discussion, but the tap gets turned off if they sign up for a credit card. So far so good. I am actually not bothered about the money, but very keen they take responsibilities very very seriously. That is why I do it. Bit unusual maybe but work for me.

ETA I did provide a short rent holiday of 3 weeks when a new baby arrived and the saved amount for rent did not quite cover the parental leave. Present from gran!
    Last edited by artemis; 31-12-2018 at 06:37 PM.