Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
I hope that you guys are not thinking of cutting National Super.

Mine starts this week ..... A bit of extra cash for things like oysters and chips on the beach and other treats.

I don't really need it but it will be good to spend. After it is rightfully mine as the government has been putting a bit aside for years. My Dad said 'one and frippence of your tax pound goes towards your retirement son'. The JP who witnessed my application said 'no your Dad was wrong, it was one and sixpence'

That National Super is rightfully mine. I will selfishly accept it (taxable bugger it) with glee. So no talk of taking it away. It is up to you young uns to work out how to pay for it
Congrats to W69 for reaching the Golden Years with money in his back pocket! Your post reminds of when I was in England and visited Blackpool beach on a midsummer day. There was a long row of deck chairs each with a dour senior in winter clothes with a newspaper wrapped bundle of chips. It reminds me of the reputed last words of King George V "Bug**r Bognor". Take your super and run, for it may be the end of the Golden Weather. Gen X may not be so lucky.