sharetrader

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Let me be the first on here to congratulate you mate on doing so well in life that you can afford to retire at 48 and I know you're a very bright chap so I'm sure you will find plenty of ongoing things to keep yourself challenged. Looking forward to seeing you again at our forthcoming Auckland ST get-together, (date to be decided hopefully late February sometime).
    Thanks Roger. Not normal for me to divulge too much of my personal situation but it led on from describing my requirement of not including super. Happy to offer some of my views if anyone is interested. I will be posting a few snippets of info and conclusions that helped me in my analysis re retirement . Unlike the 4% rule, I used a sustainable capital base model that inflation adjusts itself along with the after-tax dividends it is likely to comfortably deliver. Under this model, the length of time one lives becomes pretty much irrelevant as the capital base is deemed to keep up with inflation.

I haven't read back in this thread too far but some (or a lot) of it may already have been discussed at length, but there are new members all the time who may wish to discuss/debate the topic. Skimming over the last 30 odd posts on this thread means I don't think any conclusions drawn will be much different from those in the past. Possibly just another way of looking at it.

I would very much look forward to the next ST meeting in Auckland. I'm back up in Northland now so only a few hours away from the big smoke. Can we set a date as soon as so all potential participants (including myself) can organise their calendars around it? Those from afar might be able to pick up some cheap flights with enough notice. Hopefully KW, Percy, Forest, Crackity, Noodles, and Blendy can make it again. I can even give SparkyTheClown and Moosie a call and see if they're keen.

How does 4th March sound?
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 15-01-2017 at 08:08 AM.