sharetrader

Default Advice for a beginner - brokers and books

Hi all,

I am relatively new to share trading and thought I would try and break the ice with a few fundamental questions regarding brokers.

Over the past year or so I have been using a demo MT4 account and trying my luck trading FOREX, commodities and metals. However, I am yet to set up a live account. My downfall has been in locating a broker that I feel is trust worthy and cheap. I am keen to setup a trading account using an STP broker, however, looking online is a bit difficult as there are hundreds out there. I am seeking a little guidance on the matter and would greatly appreciate any recomendations on some brokers that have been good in the past or advice on how to go about selecting a broker that suites my trading style.

I am always seeking to further educate my self on the subject of investing in shares and I would also be interested in hearing any recommendations regarding books to read relating to share trading/investing/fundamental analysis.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Cheers

No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Hi there!
    I too have had the same issues! I also find it really difficult to source all of the right information to ensure that I'm not getting ripped off!
    I've found the best method is to look for broker comparison sites as these have all of the information laid out in front of you so you can easily compare what they're offering and if it would suit your trading style.
    Good luck!