sharetrader
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Missed by that much

Default Mercantile Investments - MVT. (BIL revisited)

I see Sir Ron's Australian company, Mercantile, has now listed on the NZX. Currently trading at $0.17. From what I've read Ron is building this company in the same model as the origional BIL, and that was a very successfull model.

With BIL, it was when the more traditional directors, like Cushing, were brought in that the company started to lose direction. Will be intesting to follow this one and see what happens.

I should note that it was profit from BIL shares that allowed me to buy my first colour TV, then my first new car.
    Last edited by Jantar; 20-07-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I see Sir Ron's Australian company, Mercantile, has now listed on the NZX. Currently trading at $0.17. From what I've read Ron is building this company in the same model as the origional BIL, and that was a very successfull model.

With BIL, it was when the more traditional directors, like Cushing, were brought in that the company started to lose direction. Will be intesting to follow this one and see what happens.

I should note that it was profit from BIL shares that allowed me to buy my first colour TV, then my first new car.

(oops, spelling mistake in the title, could a mod please correct that to "Mercantile" thanks.)
    Interesting...I bet the new car and the new TV are both stuffed now just like BIL, IEL, IEP , GPG etc etc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Interesting...I bet the new car and the new TV are both stuffed now just like BIL, IEL, IEP , GPG etc etc
    Come on Lola be fair - only 2 are stuffed the other 2 are just heavily depreciated....

Advanced Member

:-))))))))))))))))))

Missed by that much

Too true. The TV lasted longer than the car.

Guru

My house is still standing and I paid cash for it from all the above plus TKM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    My house is still standing and I paid cash for it from all the above plus TKM.

A friend of mine has a similar story with Bond Corp - you did well to get out at the right time 777! - So going to go for the Bach with MVT?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    A friend of mine has a similar story with Bond Corp - you did well to get out at the right time 777! - So going to go for the Bach with MVT?

Tempted....

Guru

Don't know why interested "punters/investors" in MVT didn't buy them on the ASX when Ron showed interest 2 years ago there at sub .10 !! , will the recent history destroy investors hard earned on this pup once again or will the management load up with millions of options ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Don't know why interested "punters/investors" in MVT didn't buy them on the ASX when Ron showed interest 2 years ago there at sub .10 !! , will the recent history destroy investors hard earned on this pup once again or will the management load up with millions of options ?
    And will there be a 1.10 bonus issue followed by a 1.10 cash issue? LOL