sharetrader
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Just looked at ASX:MVT, can someone educate me at what the hell happened in late 2010? Did they have massive write down, or dilute the stock pool?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Just looked at ASX:MVT, can someone educate me at what the hell happened in late 2010? Did they have massive write down, or dilute the stock pool?
    Go to www.stocknessmonster.com
    type in MVT,then news,then go to right hand side and hit 2010,and that years news comes up/
    You will see they returned 90% of the NTA to shareholders with a return of capital.
    I think then Sir Ron really brought it as a backdoor listing,then backed his holdings into it.
    It is interesting to note MVT's largest holding is INA.There is an INA thread on the ASX section here on sharetrader,so you can read up on it.They are buying holiday parks,and putting on relocatable houses for retirees.Simon Owen ran the very successful retirement village operator Aveum for a number of years.

Advanced Member

Warren Buffet has a succession plan does Ron ? Something to consider ........

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Go to www.stocknessmonster.com
    type in MVT,then news,then go to right hand side and hit 2010,and that years news comes up/
    You will see they returned 90% of the NTA to shareholders with a return of capital.
    I think then Sir Ron really brought it as a backdoor listing,then backed his holdings into it.
    It is interesting to note MVT's largest holding is INA.There is an INA thread on the ASX section here on sharetrader,so you can read up on it.They are buying holiday parks,and putting on relocatable houses for retirees.Simon Owen ran the very successful retirement village operator Aveum for a number of years.
    Thanks for that and appreciate you response, that clears alot up. I did see the INA holding and have been taking a look over it all.

Interesting reading, unsure about buying though.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    Thanks for that and appreciate you response, that clears alot up. I did see the INA holding and have been taking a look over it all.

Interesting reading, unsure about buying though.
    I used to hold INA.Brought in on KW's advice at about 7.5cents and sold out some time ago over 40 cents.I am not keen to buy back in, as the sp appears to have stalled.Possibly too many capital raisings.
    MVT.I will leave for others.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Warren Buffet has a succession plan does Ron ? Something to consider ........
    Not a great comparison these days. Buffett will leave a lot to succeed to. Sir Ron? Not anymore. The days of easy pickings among listed companies with undervalued real property are long gone.

Disc: Did nicely from BIL, IEL and IEP. Not so well out of GPG.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Not a great comparison these days. Buffett will leave a lot to succeed to. Sir Ron? Not anymore. The days of easy pickings among listed companies with undervalued real property are long gone.

Disc: Did nicely from BIL, IEL and IEP. Not so well out of GPG.
    I was more aiming at the succession plan due to their respective ages , in no way trying to compare performance

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    I was more aiming at the succession plan due to their respective ages , in no way trying to compare performance
    Fair enough, stoploss. But ignoring respective performances, it's just that Sir Ron doesn't hold the big positions anymore - unlike Warren B.

percy

Well Danny boy keeps the Wisse Ariadne link strong,Gary's son,brother?Is he Sir Ron's god-son?
    Still holding some of Gary's cousin's [Peter Wise] TAG,another serial under performer where directors have never suffered too many hardships.!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well Danny boy keeps the Wisse Ariadne link strong,Gary's son,brother?Is he Sir Ron's god-son?
    Still holding some of Gary's cousin's [Peter Wise] TAG,another serial under performer where directors have never suffered too many hardships.!!
    Percy - you might need " share collector " after your member name like Mr Lizard!