sharetrader

Threaded View

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Yes I made a typo on the net profit figure. Now corrected.

I have added Milford to my comparison table as well. I see in the 'Milford Limited' accounts, in the income statement, that there was a fee of $136.594m paid to the parent Milford Asset Management company (the fee you pointed out FM). You would have to assume that all the cost allocations are done in accord with the parent company's wishes. So if the parent were to decrease the fee required to be paid (and I do note this management services fee jumped an astonishing by $59.010m from FY2020 to FY2021), then the declared profit of 'Milford Limited' can be whatever Milford management want it be (within reason). I guess net net profit margin of 7.21% is there to appease the kiwisaver scheme overseers, so Milford don't look too greedy?

SNOOPY
    aye

Milford Asset Management Ltd - topco - is the equivalent to Fisher Funds Management Limited - they are both the top entity and reflect the full consolidated view. Ideally we'd be comparing like for like. We have topco financials for fisher, not for milford, the later we just have a subsidiary. A subsidiary that probably generates the vast majority of its income. and probably its expenses. but we don't know what in milford topco. its possible the charges are just for IP and all the bums on seats and technology is in MFL, and the management fee is a simple profit minimisation tool for PR purposes (thats what I expect). possible the consolidated group looks a whole like MFL npat adding back the after tax intercompany fees. but just speculation.

what do the npat figures % of revenue for milford funds ltd look like if you do that? probably look weird
    Last edited by Muse; 04-05-2022 at 10:20 PM.