sharetrader

Threaded View

Default Christchurch 18. Feb 2020: Presentation - NZ Superfund decision making

Mike Frith (Chief Economist) and Alice Mew from the NZ Superannuation Fund will be presenting to the Branch on Tuesday 18th February at 7pm at the Papanui Club.

Date: Tuesday the 18th February 2020
    Time: 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
    Venue: The Papanui Club, 310 Sawyers Arms Road, Christchurch

The NZ Superannuation Fund is a sovereign wealth fund with about $46 billion, (46 thousand million NZ dollars), invested. The purpose of the Fund is to partially pre-fund the future cost of NZ Superannuation, which is expected to increase as a result of NZ’s ageing population.

The Superannuation Fund was created by the NZ Superannuation and Retirement Act 2001 under the fifth Labour Government, and is colloquially known as the "Cullen Fund".

It will be interesting to hear about the Fund’s investment decision making. If you have any question for Mike Frith or Alice Mew, or issues that you would like addressed send me a PM and I will forward to the organiser
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 21-01-2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spelling correction. My apologies to Alice Mew for misspelling her name originally
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)