sharetrader
Page 411 of 411 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411
Results 8,201 to 8,218 of 8218

Thread: Black Monday

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    sell - off in the broader market , the 6 main nasdaq stocks keep propelling that index higher and holding up the sp500 to an extent. i imagine the whole world will be in amazon , apple etc soon
    A virtuous feeding cycle until it isn't then the whole world caught with pants down?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    A virtuous feeding cycle until it isn't then the whole world caught with pants down?
    As long as you have your supply of toilet paper you'll be right...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    history suggests you will be right at some stage. I find interesting how traditional correlations like when gold goes up stocks go down and when bond yields drop it is a sign economic conditions are to get worse and stocks should drop etc etc possibly no longer matter? .

it could all be as simple as so much money printing everything goes up .... even etherum 50 odd % in a mth who said crypto was dead lol
    bull
    One step ahead of the herd

https://www.interest.co.nz/currencie...lanced-answers

A good read for those who are genuinely interested in assessing the way forward for NZ economy - will there be many black Monday’s ahead for NZX?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.interest.co.nz/currencie...lanced-answers

A good read for those who are genuinely interested in assessing the way forward for NZ economy - will there be many black Monday’s ahead for NZX?
    Yes, I agree a good read. The article says “the Government needs to make some decisions and announce their ongoing support programmes (for those who genuinely need it) for the economy after the wage subsidy scheme ends on 1 September.”
    They have - the COVID-19 Income Relief Payment - up to 12 weeks of payments, to help with living costs after a sudden job loss, and give you time to find other work.
    You may be able to apply for the Income Relief Payment if you lost your last job or self-employment from 1 March 2020 to 30 October 2020 (inclusive) because of the impacts of COVID-19.
    https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/covid-19/income-relief-payment/who-can-get-it.html#null

Good to see the government is targeting assistance and helping people and not just businesses or industry sectors. They frequently announce targeted on-going financial assistance including Covid-19 shovel ready projects and Provincial Growth Fund projects.

The article also says “the markets generally provide a clearer and more accurate picture of future conditions than economic forecasters.”
    The share market is a very narrow part of the economy especially in NZ, and as we have seen in the States the share market is disconnected from the real (main street) economy.

Legend

gold on a tear 2000 dollars now wow and the 10 us bond yield is down again , whats spooky is that they both started there moves around the same time early june. whats up eh major safe haven buying?
    bull

gold on a tear 2000 dollars now wow and the 10 us bond yield is down again , whats spooky is that they both started there moves around the same time early june. whats up eh major safe haven buying?
    The Worlds major banks + Central banks have been buying for years when Gold was crashing 2011 buying all through the flat years 2012,13,14,15 ,,, then finally we come out of the Bear market late 2015 and seen a flatline till late last year when the New Gold Bull market started ... IMHO going off the last two major Gold bull markets if you take the average percent growth from the start to the peak of the Gold bull runs ...we are only at end of the first stage(break to new all time highs) over the next several years I personal think $5000oz maybe be reached (using histrionic percent growth averages)

The global economy was flashing danger signs long before the pandemic. For one thing, many countries were clamouring to get hold of as much gold as possible. For the past decade, they have been buying new reserves and bringing it home from overseas storage to an extent never seen in modern times. Then just before the pandemic, there was a pause. What does all this mean?

Central banks added 650 tons to their reserves in 2019, the second highest shift in 50 years

https://theconversation.com/countrie...res-why-138173
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    The Worlds major banks + Central banks have been buying for years when Gold was crashing 2011 buying all through the flat years 2012,13,14,15 ,,, then finally we come out of the Bear market late 2015 and seen a flatline till late last year when the New Gold Bull market started ... IMHO going off the last two major Gold bull markets if you take the average percent growth from the start to the peak of the Gold bull runs ...we are only at end of the first stage(break to new all time highs) over the next several years I personal think $5000oz maybe be reached (using histrionic percent growth averages)

The global economy was flashing danger signs long before the pandemic. For one thing, many countries were clamouring to get hold of as much gold as possible. For the past decade, they have been buying new reserves and bringing it home from overseas storage to an extent never seen in modern times. Then just before the pandemic, there was a pause. What does all this mean?

Central banks added 650 tons to their reserves in 2019, the second highest shift in 50 years

https://theconversation.com/countrie...res-why-138173
    gold in inflation adjusted terms isnt at all time highs yet , so might be room to move higher ? sytill well over brought at the moment
    Last edited by bull....; 05-08-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    bull

gold in inflation adjusted terms isnt at all time highs yet , so might be room to move higher ? sytill well over brought at the moment
    $2040oz USD at present talk of 2200oz .... before major breather

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    $2040oz USD at present talk of 2200oz .... before major breather
    peter shiff been saying gold $5000 for years , he must be getting excited about this rally lol . anyway rsi 87 on daily , 80 on weekly ( last peak was 83 ) so still way over brought on this indicator
    bull

Update Ready To Install

'peter shiff been saying gold $5000 for YEARS'

Thats why i ignore that sort of noise, a stopped clock.....
    Now we have to start thinking about when to start taking some profits, a good problem to have ehhh

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    'peter shiff been saying gold $5000 for YEARS'

Thats why i ignore that sort of noise, a stopped clock.....
    Now we have to start thinking about when to start taking some profits, a good problem to have ehhh
    Could find many predictions. on price I also came up with much higher than present I wouldn't count out $5k USD mark

not on any direct fundamentals but using history percent wise since Gold backing of the USD was removed ...

history of some USD Gold Bull runs >>>

JAN 73 = $68oz to $674oz peak Sept 80 (7yr+ run) 891%

APL 2001 $259oz to $1900oz AUG 2011 (10yr+ run) 633%

DEC 2015 $ 1060oz to ?????? 2023-25 ?? at present we are up 92%

Legend

and gold up another 22 dollars , etherum stalled but bitcoin still in rally mode in correllation with golds rise. they all probably rally cause of fed money printing which i have been bleating on about fore -ever would cause side effects.
    bull

and gold up another 22 dollars , etherum stalled but bitcoin still in rally mode in correllation with golds rise. they all probably rally cause of fed money printing which i have been bleating on about fore -ever would cause side effects.
    I think I've doubled my money on my silver now. Close enough to. Crazy times

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    I think I've doubled my money on my silver now. Close enough to. Crazy times
    well done , no end in sight yet to the run
    bull

well done , no end in sight yet to the run
    Wasnt really an investment decision - I just like shiny coins. Nice an addiction makes me money. All the other addictions cost me...

Legend

The jobs report was better than expected, but market worries gains will be fleeting without stimulus

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/the-...-stimulus.html

stimulus will be extended i would say , see gold finally getting the profit taking had to happen.

check out the dow jones utilities big ascending triangle in play when it breaks upside should be a massive rotation into utilities . probably flow into our utilities although i see there has been a sustained investment in the likes of vct , spk , cnu already so leaves plenty of catchup for the gentailers esp on positive smelter news . lots of speculation closure will be delayed in the newspapers

New 'final decision' on aluminium smelter in four to six weeks, says Forsyth Barr

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/122...s-forsyth-barr
    Last edited by bull....; 08-08-2020 at 04:21 AM.
    bull

The Economist finishes an article entitled 'The Trouble with TINA' by saying
    "Sooner or later investors seduced by ceos’ public sweet talk—and by tina—will come to their senses. Won’t they?"
    Last edited by peat; Yesterday at 01:03 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....