sharetrader
Page 938 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 43883888892893493593693793893994094194294898810381438 ... LastLast
Results 9,371 to 9,380 of 18813

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    doge might have signaled the top in crypto ? , bitcoin in freefall now thx to musk , wonder if this cause liquidations in other markets
    I wonder whether Musk is now shorting crypto currency after he first ramped them up. Amazing how simple winded some people are - but what is the old saying about a fool and his money?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

doge might have signaled the top in crypto ? , bitcoin in freefall now thx to musk , wonder if this cause liquidations in other markets
    Yes I have been watching for this. All the classic signs of end stage euphoric tops. I'm watching for this money to flow back into tech.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Yes I have been watching for this. All the classic signs of end stage euphoric tops. I'm watching for this money to flow back into tech.
    Certainly in hyper valued tech ..my ASX resources companies holding up just fine ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I wonder whether Musk is now shorting crypto currency after he first ramped them up. Amazing how simple winded some people are - but what is the old saying about a fool and his money?
    Well he did dump some of his BTC purchase not long ago .. prob has sold more prior to the tweet ....
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    flowing out pretty quick in taiwan the market crashed 10% in 2 days.

nasdaq might be forming a huge double top on the weekly
    Last edited by bull....; 13-05-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

With policy settings creating unaffordable housing plus low salaries lead to another brain drain of younger people to Australia? Will we have to start relying on immigration again with NZ acting as a stepping stone to Australia?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...n-to-australia

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    With policy settings creating unaffordable housing plus low salaries lead to another brain drain of younger people to Australia? Will we have to start relying on immigration again with NZ acting as a stepping stone to Australia?

Why would you think it is the brainy ones who decide to go to Australia? Looks pretty dumb to me to move to a country which takes your taxes without giving anything in return. Kiwis over there are basically cheap and unprotected slave laborers - the Ossies exploit them while they are able to work and if anything goes wrong they (or their kids) end up in detention or sent straight back to NZ (Ossies "putting the rubbish out").

Not a fan of Muldoon, but I think his famous quote about Kiwis moving to Australia lifting the level of intelligence in both countries still hits the nail on the head. Australia behaves these days like a country full of nasty and selfish people. I can see how this might attract likeminded people, but hardly people with brains.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Why would you think it is the brainy ones who decide to go to Australia? Looks pretty dumb to me to move to a country which takes your taxes without giving anything in return. Kiwis over there are basically cheap and unprotected slave laborers - the Ossies exploit them while they are able to work and if anything goes wrong they (or their kids) end up in detention or sent straight back to NZ (Ossies "putting the rubbish out").

Not a fan of Muldoon, but I think his famous quote about Kiwis moving to Australia lifting the level of intelligence in both countries still hits the nail on the head. Australia behaves these days like a country full of nasty and selfish people. I can see how this might attract likeminded people, but hardly people with brains.
    Muldoon did not hit the nail on the head. He missed the nail and went straight for the fingers - as was his style. He loved a good scapegoat? He belittled those seeking a better life away from Muldoonism in NZ as well as belittling the country which took them in.

I guess it depends on the balancing of pros and cons and whether it is worth taking the risk of living in Australia on a NZ SCV. Will it be better being sub-human on a SCV in Oz or struggling to save and get a toe-hold in NZ? NZers can come back to NZ if they need full state help.

New Zealand citizens claiming payments in Australia

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au...ustralia/30721
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-05-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post

i think it will become a big issue when the world opens up from covid. be any age group looking for bigger wages. cost of living pretty comparable.
    successive govt's have failed to provide a pro investment environment in business or pathway for businesses to become big businesses in NZ which would support higher paying jobs and help retain the skilled workforce. this has meant nz always has relied on immigration to fill its lack of depth in both skilled and non skilled jobs.
    a recent example is quite a few businesses wanted to come here and set up during covid but when they realised theres no depth to the labour force none came.

bitcoin really starting to tank now

Bitcoin stumbles after China crypto warning

https://www.afr.com/markets/currenci...0210519-p57t4v

as was thinking the effects are starting to affect other markets