sharetrader
Page 480 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 3804304704764774784794804814824834844905305809801480 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Crypto's relatively calm in comparison,go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Crypto's relatively calm in comparison,go figure!
    Na, it just lags

https://coinmarketcap.com

All dropped in single digits

After Tuesday’s massive sell-off in the global crude oil markets, stocks are also tanking. Stock rout hit Asia as well. Crude is following global stocks.

Is it time to look for smart value play in global markets?

I saw somewhere heavy stock and bond sell-off has a silver lining. Over the last 12 months NZ market did well when compare with other Asian and Pacific markets. Even today it didn’t drop more than 1%. On the other hand Japanese stocks dropped by more than 3%. Today’s surprise winner is badly beaten down Pakistan market. Dollar also might drop.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 25-10-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Membaa

Colin weighs in, unusually mid week, so it must be important.

"It is important in times like this not to join the panic. Stick to your original plan. If you are a long-term investor, turn off the TV and wait this out. Earnings are rising and the economy is in good shape. Netflix (NFLX) for example added 6 million subscribers (4.8%) in the last quarter. As a business owner you wouldn't dream of selling. Look for opportunities when the stampede has ended and the dust has settled."

https://tradingdiary.incrediblecharts.com/

Check him out, there're very few sano commentators imho, but Colin does a good job.

China seems to be digging in for a full blown trade war which is never good for worldwide economic growth. The Fed seems intent on slamming on the brakes with higher rates. Many of the world's markets are testing primary support. Many of the emerging markets are a mess with unstable political, economic or financial systems. The PIGS in Europe are not out of the hole they dug themselves during the GFC. Brexit plan still to be unveiled, if any. Is this the beginning of the end of the great bull market that's lasted nearly a decade since the end of the GFC ?
    The jury is out but I think there are sound reasons to be a bit cautious and defensive and lock in some of the extraordinary gains of the last few years. Nobody ever went broke taking a profit and locking in past gains.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-10-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Colin weighs in, unusually mid week, so it must be important.

"It is important in times like this not to join the panic. Stick to your original plan. If you are a long-term investor, turn off the TV and wait this out. Earnings are rising and the economy is in good shape. Netflix (NFLX) for example added 6 million subscribers (4.8%) in the last quarter. As a business owner you wouldn't dream of selling. Look for opportunities when the stampede has ended and the dust has settled."

https://tradingdiary.incrediblecharts.com/

Check him out, there're very few sano commentators imho, but Colin does a good job.
    Yep I agree,Colin is very astute. I've been following him for a few years.I lightened up 2 months ago and sticking to the plan.Portfolio down only 3 % so I'm relaxed.Waiting now with figure over the button but not in a rush.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You'll be fine young bear, think a little longer term.PS-If it wasn't for HLG my overall portfolio would be down over 200k.Lol
    LOL over here too. We should have a competition on who can loose the most. Me down about 280k from top, but still in the green about 190k thanks to ATM. Sold HLG to buy ATM, it was like jumping off the up escalator onto the down escalator.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    LOL over here too. We should have a competition on who can loose the most. Me down about 280k from top, but still in the green about 190k thanks to ATM. Sold HLG to buy ATM, it was like jumping off the up escalator onto the down escalator.
    Gee whiz you and Couta1 certainly "live in interesting times".
    Make me feel like a "boring old f'rt".....lol.

Big round of applause for the bargain hunters who came out in force in the US last night to stop the rot

Hope they come out in NZ today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”