sharetrader
Page 979 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 479879929969975976977978979980981982983989102910791479 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,790 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Inflation not too bad ….RBNZ preferred measure is its sectoral factor CPI

Annual inflationntomSept now 2.7% ….up from 2.4% at June

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Inflation not too bad ….RBNZ preferred measure is its sectoral factor CPI

Annual inflationntomSept now 2.7% ….up from 2.4% at June

No worries
    No worries... but economists are always worried: Inflation is either trending worryingly high or worryingly low or there is a worry with unemployment or if unemployment is low, there is potentially a problem with workforce participation or.... I like to read Treasury reports but would never base investment decisions on them. Those guys worry too much.

US markets on the verge of new all time highs and we are just about to enter a very good seasonal market period
    one step ahead of the herd

bitcoin going mainstream as an investment alternative now and hitting new all time highs. my farmer friend says hes made a killing from buying etherum at $600 better than milking the cows he reckons and more fun ( i keep telling him take some profits at least lol )

First bitcoin futures ETF rises 3% in trading debut on the NYSE

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/19/firs...ing-debut.html

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    bitcoin going mainstream as an investment alternative now and hitting new all time highs. my farmer friend says hes made a killing from buying etherum at $600 better than milking the cows he reckons and more fun ( i keep telling him take some profits at least lol )

First bitcoin futures ETF rises 3% in trading debut on the NYSE

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/19/firs...ing-debut.html
    Yeah, that is a classic bubble that everyone is going to say was obviously a bubble with hindsight once it bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Yeah, that is a classic bubble that everyone is going to say was obviously a bubble with hindsight once it bursts.
    Decentralised finance which now has over $230B USD locked up earning annual returns at rates far greater than traditional finance mostly due to efficiency gains, unlikely.

I can lockup some crypto and borrow money against it at x5 leverage right now at less than 8% p.a with zero KYC or government compliance requirements from any place in the solar system with an internet cconnection (even China). There is nothing any government or central bank can do about it.

That's powerful and clearly valuable. You need to think bigger and use your imagination about what code, finance and trustless cryptography can enable, we are only scratching the surface.

https://defillama.com/chains
    Last edited by allfromacell; 20-10-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Decentralised finance which now has over $230B USD locked up earning annual returns at rates far greater than traditional finance mostly due to efficiency gains, unlikely.

I can lockup some crypto and borrow money against it at x5 leverage right now at less than 8% p.a with zero KYC or government compliance requirements from any place in the solar system with an internet cconnection (even China). There is nothing any government or central bank can do about it.

That's powerful and clearly valuable. You need to think bigger and use your imagination about what code, finance and trustless cryptography can enable, we are only scratching the surface.

BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post

I'm old and cynical o' multicellular one and I learnt long ago to keep my imagination in check when choosing investments. I'm fairly sure crypto currency has a great future but possibly not until the current crop of investors have watched their money burn to black crispy nothing.

Is crypto finance necessarily any more decentralised than regular finance, and is that an advantage, and to whom?
    I don't know what "locked up" means in this context but it doesn't sound good.
    I don't know what KYC is - like KFC but not fried?.
    I didn't know you could borrow anything from anywhere in the solar system other than Earth.
    If all this is what's on "the surface" I'd hate to think what's underneath.

You best ignore me Allfromacell. As you see I come from a different age, and possibly a different planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I'm old and cynical o' multicellular one and I learnt long ago to keep my imagination in check when choosing investments. I'm fairly sure crypto currency has a great future but possibly not until the current crop of investors have watched their money burn to black crispy nothing.

Is crypto finance necessarily any more decentralised than regular finance, and is that an advantage, and to whom?
    I don't know what "locked up" means in this context but it doesn't sound good.
    I don't know what KYC is - like KFC but not fried?.
    I didn't know you could borrow anything from anywhere in the solar system other than Earth.
    If all this is what's on "the surface" I'd hate to think what's underneath.

You best ignore me Allfromacell. As you see I come from a different age, and possibly a different planet.
    LOL! Fair enough Sir.

If you're ever curious enough to get some serious answers to your questions feel free to come over to the CryptoCurrency forum.

Who knows, maybe I can help teach some old dogs new tricks.

bitcoin new highs

Bitcoin jumps to new high above $66,000 after landmark U.S. ETF launch

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/20/bitc...tf-launch.html

were did i leave my hard drive from 2013

The Dow Jones Industrial average jumped to a record on Wednesday as investor sentiment was boosted by better-than-expected earnings reports and a new record for bitcoin

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/19/stoc...lose-news.html

see tom lee raised his yr end target sp500 to 4800 based on earnings and seasonals.

also dont forget we get stock buybacks beginning on nov 1 so that will support the market as well
    Last edited by bull....; 21-10-2021 at 05:32 AM.