sharetrader
Page 588 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 8848853857858458558658758858959059159259863868810881588 ... LastLast
Results 5,871 to 5,880 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    So right.So glad our finance minister is being so conservative atp holding alot of firepower funding in reserve because of global slowing etc worries.A good pair of hands.
    Yes...great pot of money to advance some key infrastructure when the the planning is done. That railway refurbishment to Northport is looking good. Shane also has some money left to spend on it. Bring it on ,

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    We will see more volatility with the noose around Trumps neck tightening ... he will work hard to take everybody with him and destroy the economy that way.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ryone-with-him

That's what is happening if one tries to take down a Mafia boss with nearly unlimited power. We better get used to extreme volatility - not just in the markets.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Anybody know when this bull market is likely to end? I was going to add to my gold position (Perth Mint Gold ETF) but I see Brexit has now been sorted and word on the street is that Trump will be re-elected again next year i.e. Dow 30,000
    Last edited by Bobdn; 18-10-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Anybody know when this bull market is likely to end? I was going to add to my gold position (Perth Mint Gold ETF) but I see Brexit has now been sorted and word on the street is that Trump will be re-elected again next year i.e. Dow 30,000
    dont think anyone can answer that question with the bull market will end on this date and at this level.

my own targets on this thread have been 30000 dow for a long time now if you care to read back ( no idea if thats the end level its just a target from chart patterns and they can change up or down based on whats happening in time)
    but currently based on long term charts if you look at a mthly chart of dow in hinsight you now see it has been consolidating in a range for nearly 2 years from approx 24000 to 27000. so based on range expansion theory thats 3000 points which if breaks up leads to a rise to 30000 ( could just as easliy break down and be considered a failed range expansion pattern). uncanny for sure but no guarantee it will happen.

brexit hasnt been sorted yet as uk law makers need to approve it

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/uk-a...nson-says.html

and trump being re elected wont know for over a year yet.
    Last edited by bull....; 18-10-2019 at 05:41 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    There may be a few potholes but it always go up over time

Hedgeye guys says last week was a week of deals and investors celebrated. Then economic reality set in -

U.S. Retail Sales fell -30bps to 4.1% year-over-year in September.
    U.S. Industrial Production dropped -48bps to -0.1% year-over-year last month.
    The Chinese economy just hit a new all-time low of 6% year-over-year in 3Q19 (real GDP)
    Chinese Secondary Industries (think “Old China” – the manufacturing economy) slowed to 5%, the slowest rate since 2Q16.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

UK lawmakers delay Brexit vote and force Boris Johnson to ask for deadline extension

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/19/uk-l...extension.html

so brexit uncertainty continues
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    UK lawmakers delay Brexit vote and force Boris Johnson to ask for deadline extension

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/19/uk-l...extension.html

so brexit uncertainty continues
    Actually - no matter which way this current discussion ends, unless they pull their article 50 request and decide to stay in the EU this always will go on for decades and continue to destroy the British economy. None of the agreements will be quick to negotiate ... and the current BREXIT deal does not contain any long term trade deal between England and the EU either.

Will be interesting to see the (*still) British balance of payments for the third quarter ... Q2 showed already a huge flow off of money from the island (chart some pages earlier in this thread).

First the English shot themselves and their British brothers into one foot, than into the other foot and now they are discussing which hand to smash first.

About as exciting as watching a train collision in slow motion.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

This mess is all Corbyn’s making
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”