sharetrader
Page 839 of 1895 FirstFirst ... 33973978982983583683783883984084184284384988993913391839 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 18947

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yes indeed..
    It seems the overuse of QE .. has dug itself a hole..actually still digging deeper
    where will it end ? the great depression may hold clues as the only real comparison period
    one step ahead of the herd

Dow drops 370 points as tech hits market again, stocks head for third straight down week

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/17/stoc...in-streak.html

off the lows now though but indices are in a clear short term sideways pattern now so need to watch which way it breaks. things might get choppy anyway as US elections come into focus so probably a time to be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I see inflation, lots of it and policies like low interest rates designed to drive it higher. Just not inflation for the for the large chunk of NZ without assets.

I would like to see deflation.
    I see it too. Not sure where deflation would come from. Despite being told over the last few years a lack of inflation is worrying, it is difficult to think of anything that hasnt gone up in price or shrunk in size (in many cases both) by at least 10% in the same timeframe. Perhaps the basket of goods needs reconfiguring, I havent looked in years but perhaps air tickets and flat screen TVs are in there dragging down the CPI. Many prices have bumped up even in the last few months.

statistically this week is a bad week for equities with only 25% of the time the week after quad witching stocks rising

• On the week after, the indexes have historically seen declines with average losses of -1.03%, -1.10% and -1.24% for the Dow, S&P 500 and NASDAQ respectively

What to Expect on Quadruple Witching Day

https://www.cnbc.com/id/49105154

anyway more importantly markets will start to price in a trump loss if they are believing in the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    statistically this week is a bad week for equities with only 25% of the time the week after quad witching stocks rising

• On the week after, the indexes have historically seen declines with average losses of -1.03%, -1.10% and -1.24% for the Dow, S&P 500 and NASDAQ respectively

What to Expect on Quadruple Witching Day

https://www.cnbc.com/id/49105154

anyway more importantly markets will start to price in a trump loss if they are believing in the polls.
    Maybe ... but more likely it is just markets starting to realise that they are already for some time away with the fairies :

Whatever it is ... agree that the likelihood for down is higher than the likelihood for up. No matter how the Washington circus continues ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 21-09-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

My gurus are saying the uptrend is still intact
    What we are seeing now is a rotation out of techs into industrials/laggards.

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    My gurus are saying the uptrend is still intact
    What we are seeing now is a rotation out of techs into industrials/laggards.
    yes was but that wont find the bottom in a correction , need the whole market to correct to get a true bottom

final fed meeting this week before the US election so this will add to a interesting week shaping up from a technical standpoint also. watching 3330 on the s&p500 and the quarterly bars
    we have the breakdown from the range today , bearish

Banned

we have the breakdown from the range today , bearish
    Fantastic as I'm currently feeding the bears.