sharetrader
Page 949 of 1894 FirstFirst ... 44984989993994594694794894995095195295395999910491449 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,490 of 18939

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Consumer prices jump 5% in May, fastest pace since the summer of 2008

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/10/cpi-may-2021.html

all transitory inflation , rates barely moved , markets steady to up in the US ..... business as usual.

but at the local in nz im sure my food bill got quite a jump last week and of course my rates bill is going to jump this year and my petrol and utilities are well up this yr but dont worry its transitory my 1% cpi adjusted pay rise should cover it.
    Inequality in NZ too is booming! Inflation bites at the wage earners. The government tries to impose wage moderation while house prices have been skyrocketing. So moderation for wage earners while asset owners reep the rewards from government policy?

Those with equity in a house and other assets have been watching their values increase, so a feel good factor there. Those with assets (predominately real estate in NZ) are more likely to vote?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 11-06-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Banned

all part of the plan of course...inflation = stealth tax and as a bonus it rips the ladder up behind those who wish to rule over us

Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
    all part of the plan of course...inflation = stealth tax and as a bonus it rips the ladder up behind those who wish to rule over us
    But the CPI is only at circa 1%, so there can't be a problem! At least that's the line my Labour supporting colleagues always produce.

I don’t pretend to fully understand the causes of inflation but with the workforce across most developed countries now aging, arable farmland likely declining due to drought and a fossil fuel phase-out, women having mostly returned to the workforce surely future inflation is likely to be higher? Yes, you still have technology weighing on inflation, but now you have factors weighing against that.

In terms of Age demographics, Arable land and Women in workforce etc. it might seem to a casual observer that inflation would also rise now trends have stabilised or are reversing?

Double post.
    Last edited by Tomtom; 11-06-2021 at 10:43 AM.

fed meeting this week , im not expecting much change this meeting.

this site is very slow to load or post on frequently now so ill be only posting randomly on here from now on.
    one step ahead of the herd

That's a shame bull I enjoy your posts but this site is painfull at times.

March quarter GDP +1.6% vs. RBNZ estimate -0.6%

Adrian must really be scratching his head. So concerning that such a fool is in charge of something that is arguably more powerful than what the PM can do.

https://www.interest.co.nz/news/1108...-gdp-rise-will

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    March quarter GDP +1.6% vs. RBNZ estimate -0.6%

Adrian must really be scratching his head. So concerning that such a fool is in charge of something that is arguably more powerful than what the PM can do.

https://www.interest.co.nz/news/1108...-gdp-rise-will
    Only a fool would think that it is possible to forecast GDP growth (or any other economic parameter) with such a precision - particularly in unprecedented times like this.

Who did you say thought that the forecast was not good enough?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

I very much doubt even Sammy The Seal would have got it even near right.