sharetrader
Page 700 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 20060065069069669769869970070170270370471075080012001700 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

From stats nz:

For the week ended 31 March 2020 compared with the equivalent week in 2019:

total imports from all countries were down 3.9 percent ($52 million), from $1.32 billion to $1.27 billion total exports to all countries were up 13.2 percent ($172 million), from $1.31 billion to $1.48 billion imports from China were down 27 percent ($64 million), from $236 million to $172 million exports to China were up 4.2 percent ($14 million), from $336 million to $350 million.

Love those charts, thanks for dusting them off winner

IMO

"$300 trillion debt in the world ($US i presume) and $60 trillion needs rolling over each year." Somethings gotta give.

CNBC

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    "$300 trillion debt in the world ($US i presume) and $60 trillion needs rolling over each year." Somethings gotta give.

CNBC
    Another hard drive to store the extra 000's?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

CNBC
    Yes major issues around debt fuelled growth at all costs ...to think of all the wasted billions in share buybacks and HUGE payment to mgmt. of companies many time that should have gone bankrupted ... the sad fact is the general Tax payer is getting fleeced along with future generation for the benefit of the very few

EU930zxXgAED0pv.jpg
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Membaa

Where will all the trillions of $ released into global economies end up? Same places as before. Don’t confuse debt and despair with liquidity and finding a home for it. This is not the debt dot bomb, yet. V shape recovery or bear trap. You decide.

Guru

The old worn out script of a horror movie goes like this.....
    1..The world is great, people are healthy, wealthy and lots of smiley faces
    2..Then suddenly... Apocalypse.
    3..First wave..Devastation aftermath..Mankind survives, restrictions, disruptions hardship, system and social damage. ..
    4..Second wave..The walking dead emerge and wreak new havoc within the devastated world
    5..Mankind adapts and triumphs, bringing with it a brand new world

The spooky thing is that Covid is the catalyst and mankind has commenced writing this horror movie script..for real

I hear you say the second wave is science fiction...Actually it may not be..

At the moment the walking dead number about 12% of the population... I'm referring to Public list companies population
    Covid aftermath... get use to hearing these two words folks... Zombie Companies
    Last edited by Hoop; 09-04-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The old worn out script of a horror movie goes like this.....
    1..The world is great, people are healthy, wealthy and lots of smiley faces
    2..Then suddenly... Apocalypse.
    3..First wave..Devastation aftermath..Mankind survives, restrictions, disruptions hardship, system and social damage. ..
    4..Second wave..The walking dead emerge and wreak new havoc within the devastated world
    5..Mankind adapts and triumphs, bringing with it a brand new world

The spooky thing is that Covid is the catalyst and mankind has commenced writing this horror movie script..for real

I hear you say the second wave is science fiction...Actually it may not be..

At the moment the walking dead number about 12% of the population... I'm referring to Public list companies population
    Covid aftermath... get use to hearing these two words folks... Zombie Companies
    Thanks Hoop.Interesting
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12072916

The S&P 500 is now up about 23 percent from its March 23 low. Asia markets are tracking Wall Street. Who is buying stocks now? It can’t be mum-and-dad investors.

I'm buying and am very much in the small time mum and dad investor class.

Howard Marks says it's ok if you're careful. I started buying 26 February (too early!) and have done so another 12 times since. Sooner or later I'll strike the bottom. I did buy on 23 March so at this stage I did buy at A bottom but I think there's more trouble to come of course. It would be nice if we could crash through those 23 March lows at least at this stage of my plans

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-4-1029075953
    Last edited by Bobdn; 09-04-2020 at 08:54 PM.