sharetrader
Page 1914 of 1929 FirstFirst ... 91414141814186419041910191119121913191419151916191719181924 ... LastLast
Results 19,131 to 19,140 of 19290

Thread: Black Monday

  1. #19131
    Investments
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    actually you could argue maybe its because most there business off-shore or they have dominant positions ?
    I think that this is very valid - perhaps not the right thread but this is why KFL is not the dog that many commentators think it is - 49% of KFL is FPH/MFT/IFT and these 3 overall probably have about 80% of their business offshore (and in the case of IFT much of the NZ business is effectively offshore funded e.g. datacentres). On top of that fully-imputed div and 33% tax rate (well the portion that is not capital gain) as well as a healthy discount to nta. KFL share price up 1c YTD nta up 3c and a dividend of 2% nta paid too.[/QUOTE]

    Could not agree more and I cud not have said it better ...KFL for me is the safest and best buy on NZX ...ATM / EBO / VGL are also their holdings not nz economy oriented companies

  2. #19132
    Investments
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    By the way US stocks and bonds are behaving just before April CPI ...most likely its on target or not too much variation from consensus ...will know in few hours !!
    Bang on forecasts on every count ...S&P 500 up 50 and 10Y down 10bips ...wow its easy ...no wonder Bull is creaming it and enjoying whitkers everyday

  3. #19133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I think that this is very valid - perhaps not the right thread but this is why KFL is not the dog that many commentators think it is - 49% of KFL is FPH/MFT/IFT and these 3 overall probably have about 80% of their business offshore (and in the case of IFT much of the NZ business is effectively offshore funded e.g. datacentres). On top of that fully-imputed div and 33% tax rate (well the portion that is not capital gain) as well as a healthy discount to nta. KFL share price up 1c YTD nta up 3c and a dividend of 2% nta paid too.
    Could not agree more and I cud not have said it better ...KFL for me is the safest and best buy on NZX ...ATM / EBO / VGL are also their holdings not nz economy oriented companies [/QUOTE]
    That's not saying KFL is outstanding, just the best of an underperforming market ?

  4. #19134
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes net 52,000 Kiwis left last 12 months …..net 163,000 non-Kiwis arrived
    S
    NZ has been undergoing a major demographic change, that both major political parties support by default. Smaller rates of migration (for size of population) helped cause Brexit in the UK. They both avoid major systemic monetary and fiscal reform.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-05-2024 at 07:04 AM.

  5. #19135
    ShareTrader Legend bull....'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    11,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Bang on forecasts on every count ...S&P 500 up 50 and 10Y down 10bips ...wow its easy ...no wonder Bull is creaming it and enjoying whitkers everyday
    powell say at interview , higher for longer. so cant see ORR doing anything different maybe why nz stocks crashing
    one step ahead of the herd

  6. #19136
    Investments
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    powell say at interview , higher for longer. so cant see ORR doing anything different maybe why nz stocks crashing
    Higher for longer theme is now well ingrained in the market psyche ...NZ is totally different case ...with Govt doing or overdoing its bit on controlling inflation ...we will surely see rate cuts sooner then latter ...PGW @ 1.53 is showing farmers in deep trouble and nz is an agricultural country ....I will stick my neck out and say OCT/NOV RBNZ pivots fully

  7. #19137
    ShareTrader Legend bull....'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    11,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Higher for longer theme is now well ingrained in the market psyche ...NZ is totally different case ...with Govt doing or overdoing its bit on controlling inflation ...we will surely see rate cuts sooner then latter ...PGW @ 1.53 is showing farmers in deep trouble and nz is an agricultural country ....I will stick my neck out and say OCT/NOV RBNZ pivots fully
    as you like to tell us stocks are forward looking then some nz stocks must be predicting a dire economy by end of yr so maybe you be right on rate cuts ?
    one step ahead of the herd

  8. #19138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    london, , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    I'm going to try my best and be positive today about the NZX.

    I know what you are thinking. It's impossible.

    At some stage the bargain hunters will be back. Not all businesses are mismanaged. We have some great companys with fantastic balance sheets that have been let down by the likes of FBU.

    Im a Highlanders supporter. So I don't know what giving up even means.

  9. #19139
    Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I'm going to try my best and be positive today about the NZX.

    I know what you are thinking. It's impossible.

    At some stage the bargain hunters will be back. Not all businesses are mismanaged. We have some great companys with fantastic balance sheets that have been let down by the likes of FBU.

    Im a Highlanders supporter. So I don't know what giving up even means.

    Dude there are not many bargains -it's massively overvalued....

  10. #19140
    Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Reddell reported this morning one of the most stunning statistics I have ever seen

    NZ real GDP per capita is up a total of 3% since 2017.

    Nominal PC up 29%.

    Almost hard to believe.

    0.42% PA real per capita GDP growth over 7 years.

    Basically explains everything.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •