sharetrader
Page 439 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 3393894294354364374384394404414424434494895399391439 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 18922

Thread: Black Monday

Default US Employment as a confirmation indicator

emply.jpg

If it helps, for the US market, I've been watching the US employment rate as a confirming indicator of a downturn.

Has anyone found something which can be used in a similar way in NZ?

Hopefully I've been able to embed the image successfully :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WayOverTheHill View Post
    emply.jpg

If it helps, for the US market, I've been watching the US employment rate as a confirming indicator of a downturn.

Hopefully I've been able to embed the image successfully :-)
    image works fine and yes employment is used as a leading indicator also widely used is the yield curve but im not sure if thats reliable in this current environment anyway heres a good article on the 2

https://research.stlouisfed.org/publ...-rate-troughs/

As for nz i look at property as it plays such a big part in nz , also confidence and trade and also read this guys commentary

http://tonyalexander.co.nz/
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by WayOverTheHill View Post
    There is a trucking index which is a local version of watching the Fedex share price.
    https://www.anz.co.nz/about-us/econo...h/truckometer/
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

plenty of 4th of july fireworks on the us markets last night , nice rises. the market seems to be taking the first round of tarriffs in its stride , as they should as its pretty small no meaning full effect on anyone.
    nasdaq and russell places to be at the moment others in a range. i heard brazil is buying more us soybeans cause there lower in price and then will sell them to china at a higher price which is the price they already sell theres to china at anyway so just goes to show ways around the tarriffs already with no detriment.
    china tanking , nz and asx benefiting from money fleeing china market to safer havens guess china going down as they will lose the us trade affect there companies quicker.

watching us employment tonight and retailiation next week ?

i

Many have recently jumped to the conclusion that the recent sell-off on soya bean and other grain was all tariff related, but according to some analysts it is more to do with the ideal and excellent growing conditions seen across the US ag belt. It seems traders over reacted to the trade war similar to the past events. There is a good demand for defensive stocks. Shares of companies with large domestic sale in China,the USA and other countries could have more demand. Some exporters in China and the USA could hit but exporters in other countries will benefit. Among commodity, despite trade war soya bean gained lot yesterday. As I said there is an unusual behavior in the commodity market as well. In the meantime I heard Saudi has lowered August prices for light oil to Asia.

trade wars have been started .... very nice rally on the us markets last night to kick things off

IMO

Expectations are that the USA business reporting season is going to be a healthy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Expectations are that the USA business reporting season is going to be a healthy one.
    kick off later this week , guidance will be key

IMO

This little snippet from craigs (thank you) is very bullish, i sure hope its on target, a lot of expectation there..

"The June quarter reporting season begins next week in the US, with a handful of financial heavyweights set to kick things off. Overall, it is expected to be another impressive reporting season, with markets expecting revenue growth of 8.8% and 20.0% earnings growth for the S&P 500. This would make for the second strongest quarter for earnings since 2010.

All 11 sectors are forecast to see an increase in earnings from a year earlier with energy, materials, telecommunications and technology expected to post the strongest growth rate"
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 10-07-2018 at 02:23 PM.

reached the top of s&p500 range last night see what happens also heard trump looking at 200b announcement tarriffs on china? hitting the futures