sharetrader
Page 550 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 5045050054054654754854955055155255355456060065010501550 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 18813

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Typical US....bullying other nations

The irony in modern times is that companies just pass these tariffs along to their consumers which just makes the average American worse off.

Still think the valuations in the US markets are very high, would have to come down substantially for me to get into the S&P500 which I would like to hop on at some point.. I'm happy for this trade war to run its course and bargains to present itself. Expect volatility to return in a big way for the rest of 2019.

IMO

80% of all fake products including patent infringing ones come from China(turkey is the next biggest with 3%) source CNBC. This is one big sticking point in the trade negotiations that won't be resolved quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Typical US....bullying other nations
    China makes 80% of the world counterfeit goods exported around the world(In second place Turkey with 3%) undermining patents companies and consumers **** China IMHO

Or that worthless cheap nasty consumer goods Chinese crap that breaks after its second use. then goes into filling our landfills
    Last edited by JBmurc; 14-05-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

LOL great minds think alike JT >>>>
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

but if you make say 80% of the worlds stuff then you;'re going to make 80% of the counterfeit stuff too without it becoming an anti-Sino justification ?

(Just sayin)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    but if you make say 80% of the worlds stuff then you;'re going to make 80% of the counterfeit stuff too without it becoming an anti-Sino justification ?

(Just sayin)
    So your all for Chinese companies stealing I.P(breaking patent laws) copying your product and then selling it with no issues through there state-controlled Alibaba express back to your prospective buyers ??

Also you like synthetic drugs being pumped into our communities ...
    https://www.nytimes.com/times-inside...cret-in-china/

Personal I'm not a fan Of the CCP- greatest threat to freedom of the world and free market democracy IMHO

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/n...ase-china.html

Mao Zedong, the founder of the People's Republic of China, qualifies as the greatest mass murderer in world history
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...s-2081630.html

Really I could fill pages of the issues I have with the CCP ... yes, the Chinese were treated poorly by the English Empire in the past ...but If the CCP wants to be part of the WTO why don't they have to toe the line?
    Last edited by JBmurc; 15-05-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Banned

U must be one of trump friends

Chinas retaliation doesn't seem so bad to me. No attacks on products used as parts for business, mainly just consumer stuff. Consumers can suck it up or just not buy those products as much.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    So your all for Chinese companies stealing I.P(breaking patent laws) copying your product and then selling it with no issues through there state-controlled Alibaba express back to your prospective buyers ??

Also you like synthetic drugs being pumped into our communities ...
    https://www.nytimes.com/times-inside...cret-in-china/

Personal I'm not a fan Of the CCP- greatest threat to freedom of the world and free market democracy IMHO

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/n...ase-china.html

Mao Zedong, the founder of the People's Republic of China, qualifies as the greatest mass murderer in world history
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...s-2081630.html

Really I could fill pages of the issues I have with the CCP ... yes, the Chinese were treated poorly by the English Empire in the past ...but If the CCP wants to be part of the WTO why don't they have to toe the lie?
    No question - China is in this contest clearly not coming out smelling like roses. They did have murderous phases in their past, they do have a government without democratic legitimation and little respect for any human rights.

Some of the issues Trump is highlighting (like IP theft and unfair conditions for foreign companies operating in China) are justified and worthwhile to fight against, some other of his issues (like unbalanced bilateral trade balance) are just demonstrating his limited understanding (or better the lack thereof) of the economic system.

Problem is that Trump is in no way better than Xi, he only operates in a system which restricts his powers a bit more. Problem is that he is a repulsive bully who takes on everybody - friend and allies - at the same time to demonstrate his strength, instead of forming a big coalition of allies helping to move China from its dark ways to the "bright side". Trump is basically p*ssing against everybodys legs and likely to ensure this way that China's power will increase rather than diminish.

Nobody likes a bully.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)