sharetrader
Page 890 of 1899 FirstFirst ... 39079084088088688788888989089189289389490094099013901890 ... LastLast
Results 8,891 to 8,900 of 18987

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    There is no requirement for repayment. Investors just need to find the greater fool.
    Well, yes, but wouldn't in this case "gambler" be a more suitable label than "investor"?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quiet Observer

Market downturns are ultimately the most effective way of distinguishing the skilled investors from the "gamblers", NOT Bull markets.

Raging Bull markets tend to inflate the egos of the gamblers, making them feel invincible, whilst insulting the skilled & disciplined.

We are now in the midst of the Everything Bull Market, and my word aren't we witnessing a lot of inflated egos!....and a few deflated ones too.
    Last edited by FTG; 29-01-2021 at 08:30 AM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

bull.... wrote

"deepfu..ing value user name on reddit made 47 million from an initial 50k investment on gme

A year ago, a user by the name of DeepF***ingValue (DFV) posted a screenshot of a position he had taken in GameStop.
    He had spent about $US50,000 on stock in his initial investment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...ained/13097982

go bro"

Sticking it to the Hedge Funds. That beats protesting in the streets. How can that not put a smile on the faces of everybody here on this site. Love it.
    Last edited by STRAT; 28-01-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    bull.... wrote

"deepfu..ing value user name on reddit made 47 million from an initial 50k investment on gme

A year ago, a user by the name of DeepF***ingValue (DFV) posted a screenshot of a position he had taken in GameStop.
    He had spent about $US50,000 on stock in his initial investment

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...ained/13097982

go bro"

Sticking it to the Hedge Funds. That beats protesting in the streets. How can that not put a smile on the faces of everybody here on this site. Love it.
    He market has entered the final madness stage, this story pretty much confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    He market has entered the final madness stage, this story pretty much confirms it.
    what that some little unknown retail person made some big money. are you one of these big finance people who thinks only the big end of town should be allowed to make money.
    anyway i see some people got upset about the hedge funds taking a bath and changed the rules again blocking retail people from buying gme and others but allowing the hedge funds to trade anyway they like in effect causing the prices to fall. robbinhood being sued because of this now and policticians joining in the fracas. makes for a great movies this be one day.

the whole trading platform restrictions have probably had the opposite effect intended now as they have sowed more discontent about the games rigged and probably mean more volitility will come to markets now as the retailers band up more to hunt the funds. a potentially meaning moment in time this gme moment
    Last edited by bull....; 29-01-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    what that some little unknown retail person made some big money. are you one of these big finance people who thinks only the big end of town should be allowed to make money.
    anyway i see some people got upset about the hedge funds taking a bath and changed the rules again blocking retail people from buying gme and others but allowing the hedge funds to trade anyway they like in effect causing the prices to fall. robbinhood being sued because of this now and policticians joining in the fracas. makes for a great movies this be one day.

the whole trading platform restrictions have probably had the opposite effect intended now as they have sowed more discontent about the games rigged and probably mean more volitility will come to markets now as the retailers band up more to hunt the funds. a potentially meaning moment in time this gme moment
    Robinhood could take a backlash on this. They are beholden to whom ever is paying them for their order flow. If that flow dries up then so does their revenue. This order flow are black swan's to the algo's and whoever owns those are not happy. I think this is not the last we'll see of this behaviour. Trading has never been cheaper or more accessible.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I'm trying to convince myself not to close up almost all my positions. When my main reactions to the share market at the moment are "Huh?" and "What?" and "Why?" we may have entered the crazy period.

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    Robinhood could take a backlash on this. They are beholden to whom ever is paying them for their order flow. If that flow dries up then so does their revenue. This order flow are black swan's to the algo's and whoever owns those are not happy. I think this is not the last we'll see of this behaviour. Trading has never been cheaper or more accessible.
    The same people they sell the order flow to (Citadel) are the ones propping up the hedge funds that shorted GME. You can't make this **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I'm trying to convince myself not to close up almost all my positions. When my main reactions to the share market at the moment are "Huh?" and "What?" and "Why?" we may have entered the crazy period.
    problem is the crazy period just keeps on going and going.

So what does a rational investor do.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    problem is the crazy period just keeps on going and going.

So what does a rational investor do.
    Dance close to the exits?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)