sharetrader
Page 786 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 28668673677678278378478578678778878979079683688612861786 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Probaly best in the crypto thread.
    What are these thread things?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What are these thread things?
    Is this a serious question?
    The joke is lost on me.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The Bitcoin scam artists &/or traders will take every opportunity to promote their scam. That's why.
    Thanks - I thought I was missing something but it seems I'm not.

scam lol i dont see it on the financial authorities website under current listed scams

At 8,990,000% Gains, Bitcoin Dwarfs All Other Investments This Decade

of course you should understand it before investing
    Last edited by bull....; 29-05-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    scam lol i dont see it on the financial authorities website under current listed scams

At 8,990,000% Gains, Bitcoin Dwarfs All Other Investments This Decade

of course you should understand it before investing
    Sitll the wrong thread - all been thrashed around in the crypto and bitcoin threads.

I don't know what impact, if any, civil unrest will cause but the US has erupted.

Coronavirus cases continue to mount in many states, including populous California.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    I don't know what impact, if any, civil unrest will cause but the US has erupted.

Coronavirus cases continue to mount in many states, including populous California.
    the futures open at 10am so we will know then , but im sure it cant be good thinking of all the lost sales everywhere etc also the chinese must be chuckling to themselves as well over this.

As for fridays market event of trumps speech over hong kong was really a non event mostly bark with no time lines
    Last edited by bull....; 01-06-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Absolutely ... long term markets always recovered. Individual industries and companies however might not.

So - yes, ultimately markets will recover, but it might be appropriate to remind people to mind the gap ahead of us prior to the start of the next uptrend :
    I think this is the point that too many people are missing. I remember in 1987 when everyone at my work were saying Chase corporation (and others) would never go under. They kept buying shares all the way to bottom, then lost it all. Plenty of companies will not survive, and it is hard to know which ones they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    I think this is the point that too many people are missing. I remember in 1987 when everyone at my work were saying Chase corporation (and others) would never go under. They kept buying shares all the way to bottom, then lost it all. Plenty of companies will not survive, and it is hard to know which ones they will be.
    very true

the futures open in the red in the US , australia not looking good possibly down 2% today

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    Having been there and done that (lost money in the 80s on companies like Chase), I think public companies in NZ are quite a different kettle of fish than they were back then. Since the 80s experience, I've always steered clear of companies that don't have strong positive cashflow from operations and companies that don't have a clear definition of what their industry, focus and expertise is. I don't think there are many companies now that fit the Chase mold.