sharetrader
Page 605 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 10550555559560160260360460560660760860961565570511051605 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 18961

Thread: Black Monday

watching the US 10yr very close to smashing the near 10 yr support level
    one step ahead of the herd

sp 500 broke down from the consolidation , gold going parabolic as mentioned it would start of week , US 10 yr flirting with 10 yr lows on huge support line at the moment. things are getting interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    sp 500 broke down from the consolidation , gold going parabolic as mentioned it would start of week , US 10 yr flirting with 10 yr lows on huge support line at the moment. things are getting interesting.
    Not typically with you ... but I agree that the combination of the recent virus news (spreading now in war torn regions of the middle east) together with the recent confirmation of human stupidity and selfishness from the Ukraine might well offer us next week some real revaluation opportunities in the markets.

Negative hype i.e. fear well might take over the markets - glad I did hold on my Strong Bear ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 22-02-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

DOW up 0.43% for the year
    S&P500 up 2.45% for the year

Meanwhile the NZX50 is up 4.4% for the year. We've been quite sheltered from the Coronavirus stuff, I still stunning we haven't had a single case. I'm quite surprised that earnings have been strong over here so far this year as well, my hope for bargains rearing its head is slowly dwindling and I've been considering putting my money in a index tracking fund in the interim (ie FNZ)

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post

Meanwhile the NZX50 is up 4.4% for the year. We've been quite sheltered from the Coronavirus stuff, I still stunning we haven't had a single case. I'm quite surprised that earnings have been strong over here so far this year as well, my hope for bargains rearing its head is slowly dwindling and I've been considering putting my money in a index tracking fund in the interim (ie FNZ)
    Obviously - nobody knows what's around the corner, but somehow I think it feels at the moment more like observing the last hurray of a dying bull than the first green shoots after a long winter ...

No matter how serious this virus turns out to be for humans - sorting out the logistical issues human overreaction created already will take at least some months with reduced economic activity on a world wide scale. Can't really see how New Zealand will manage not to get affected.

Not sure whether this is the best time to start index tracking, but hey - I've been wrong before ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post

I monthly drip money into a European fund, valuations are far less stretched there. Will probably fall, but that just means I receive more units for my money each month, it all averages out.

Advanced Member

You would strongly suspect once the pandemic is announced there will be some plan in place to keep the markets propped up.

futures prices on most markets opening 25 mins give an indication on peoples thinking for the week ahead

looking pretty red for US markets tonight at the moment >1% falls forecast. gold up another $20 odd , watch the 10yr closely

futures tanking more now after china had press conference saying there will be economic impact.