sharetrader
Page 599 of 1898 FirstFirst ... 9949954958959559659759859960060160260360964969910991599 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 18972

Thread: Black Monday

IMO

Have a great one bull and thanks for being a mainstay on here.

markets still rocking on target still to the impulse move to 30k in the dow thanks to the fed , why i say thanks to the fed is because they are the only reason markets have broken out the giant range i have talked often about.

and heres a timely article to remind everyone why we are rallying

Two key moves from the Federal Reserve have boosted stocks

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/13/two-...h-a-price.html

Pretty obvious from the chart of us markets that a rally started in October just after the fed announced in end of sept they needed to save the repo market. this affected the stock market because as an example hedge funds own such things as treasury bills etc they can enter the repo market with these securities as collateral and borrow from the fed liquidity provided and lever up more as they do by buying stocks on the market with the funds provided by the fed , lovely for us stock investors as its driving stock prices higher due to the extra liquidity in the market.
    one step ahead of the herd

the trannie is just touching the top of its giant range , if it breaks higher very bullish as dow theory says

also the fed has also just announced a extentsion of there repo operation until middle of feb with the option of extending it furthur
    Last edited by bull....; 16-01-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Coronavirus

seems to be putting a lid on the rally at the moment the moment

Coronavirus death toll rises to 26 with more than 900 confirmed cases worldwide

• The majority of the reported cases are in mainland China, where travel bans were in effect Friday for at least 10 cities.
    • Multiple cases of the virus have been confirmed in Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Singapore and Japan.
    • The United States reported its second case Friday, and Taiwan has reported one

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/24/coro...worldwide.html

have a look at this you tube video of the new 1000 bed hospital they are building in wuhan will be fully built in feb thats right feb lol man they can build things quick. i believe nz is still have a working group on the matter of upgrading hospitals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDbvo-_gRE
    Last edited by bull....; 25-01-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

This Coronavirus bad news, it maybe a Black Monday and Tuesday and....next week. For see my THL shares will be in for a plummeting

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    This Coronavirus bad news, it maybe a Black Monday and Tuesday and....next week. For see my THL shares will be in for a plummeting
    Oh dear ... THL was already bad enough prior to the latest scare - and I am pretty sure that tourism related shares will plummet. My commiseration.

Not sure though whether mainland Chinese people are a significant customer group for THL. Wouldn't mass travellers coming from mainland China be more likely to impact mainly on the accounts of bus companies, larger but not too dear hotel chains, souvenir shops and pharmaceutical companies selling manuka pills and dried tiger penis?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Oh dear ... THL was already bad enough prior to the latest scare - and I am pretty sure that tourism related shares will plummet. My commiseration.

Not sure though whether mainland Chinese people are a significant customer group for THL. Wouldn't mass travellers coming from mainland China be more likely to impact mainly on the accounts of bus companies, larger but not too dear hotel chains, souvenir shops and pharmaceutical companies selling manuka pills and dried tiger penis?
    Doesn’t really matter if thl are directly affected or not ....the punters will read the headline ‘tourism will be affected.’ so thl must be going to suffer
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Dont worry young bear it will affect the whole market so you'll have company.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Dont worry young bear it will affect the whole market so you'll have company.
    Yep Couts ....whether rationale or not the whole market will be affected
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep Couts ....whether rationale or not the whole market will be affected

Agree definitely, but not all negatively.....eg stocks like FPH with their medical respiratory devices & a few others suggested on the Coronavirus thread.