sharetrader
Page 564 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 6446451455456056156256356456556656756857461466410641564 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 18813

Thread: Black Monday

Always sunny weather before a storm. I dont want to spout doom and gloom. I just read an article by a billionaire in australia who believes the property market in australia will collapse, on the wave of even lower interest rates. Who would have thought. Its like the low interest rate tool has started to implode in on itself. Its just a tax on those that saved all their lives and giving it to those that are borrowets and spenders. The economic climate, interest rates and stock prices just does not make me too enthusiastic at the moment. But what else can I do, Its probably going to get worse, lower interest rates and higher stock prices. My propensity theory does not seem to be working. ie. If stock prices are high, the propensity is to go down, interest rates are at all time low, the propensity is for them to go up. I fear there is too much interference frim government.

Default "There Could Be Lehman Brothers Scenes Outside Deutsche Bank on Monday"

"There Could Be Lehman Brothers Scenes Outside Deutsche Bank on Monday"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPUZFJju-Ts

The market appears to have confidence in new CEO Sewing.
    7.18EURPrice increase0.17 (2.47%)
    Jul 5, 17:35 GMT+2

Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuestion View Post
    "There Could Be Lehman Brothers Scenes Outside Deutsche Bank on Monday"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPUZFJju-Ts
    Pure clickbait ... but sure, the world could end on Wednesday - who knows, and who cares about DB on Monday?

Referring to potential job losses at DB - quite possible. Who knows - the anonymous author of this clip might be one of the first to go ...

This is the sort of stuff disgruntles employees are doing ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

There is a risk that weak inflation will be even more persistent than we currently anticipate,” Powell added, further bolstering the case for a rate cut.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/powe...propriate.html

july rate cut baked in. 25%
    one step ahead of the herd

US main indices consolidating above top of giant ranges , not bad sign. likely next move end of mth

Guru

I wonder how a predictive model of ST posters exuberance would go at predicting the next 10+% drop in NZX

Worth a go someone?

The US markets still consolidating in a range at highs. watching breakouts or breakdowns for likely direction. sp500 watch around 2958 - 60 support and 3020 resistance. im thinking if up a melt up will happen. I posted my target for the dow in this bull market maybe a yr or so ago of 30k so lets see
    Last edited by bull....; 24-07-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    It feels more like a lottery at the moment. I know he's a bit of a black hat and for every story like this there's another that counters Maudlin's view. Personally, I've cashed up most of my shares and I'm sitting it out for a while. I felt that Fund Managers, ETF's and 'easy money' are artificially inflating asset values that are no longer realistic and so for me, it was time to take my paper gains and bank the profits. Whether that pans out to be the right thing to have done doesn't bother me too much as it was the right decision for me given I don't believe this is a buy and hold market.

As always - dyor and make investment decisions based on what is best for you. Good luck and be careful out there.