sharetrader
Page 693 of 1895 FirstFirst ... 19359364368368969069169269369469569669770374379311931693 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 18947

Thread: Black Monday

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Is that chart a free to access site ?
    It's Yahoo Finance, free chart.

The Coppock study is based on a monthly chart, buy or sell when the Coppock line crosses zero. Going back to 1990, on the DOW, here's an illustration of how it might have worked out if it was the only trigger used for a buy or sell. https://invst.ly/qc8ox

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's Yahoo Finance, free chart.

The Coppock study is based on a monthly chart, buy or sell when the Coppock line crosses zero. Going back to 1990, on the DOW, here's an illustration of how it might have worked out if it was the only trigger used for a buy or sell. https://invst.ly/qc8ox
    I will not wait for it to cross zero, just for the line to turn upwards from under the zero line. I may be a little early or a little late, but by the time it happens the market should be substantially de risked.
    Likely to be quite a few months away from that point
    Last edited by ratkin; 04-04-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Is that chart a free to access site ?
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EDJI/chart?p=%5EDJI

It is a decent site, the only problem I have with it is the charts can be very slow to load. Especially when I use the ipad

Bit spooky how MR Coppock came up with 11 and 14 periods as part of his calculation - He was told by Episcopal bishops that the average person's mourning period is 11 to 14 months. Coppock inferred that a downtrend was like a mourning period, so he used these figures. The Coppock Curve is calculated as a 10-month WMA of the sum of the 14-month rate of change and the 11-month rate of change for the index.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Ratkin"The NZX 50 Coppock has been on the increase since 21-3 now just under 0 so you have been buying?

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    ill probably dollar cost average at some stage when fundamentals catch up with reality.
    For all the kerfuffle so far we still have some distance to go if we are to visit crisis levels in equities. My reading is that when the GDP and inflation (deflation?) numbers come out over the next few months we will really see if there is the political resolve to prevent a depression.

IMO

Thread Redbacks threads on the ASX worth a squid.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Ratkin"The NZX 50 Coppock has been on the increase since 21-3 now just under 0 so you have been buying?
    Not according to the chart at Yahoo. Remember you have to use a monthly chart. On that the coppock has fallen nowhere near zero, and our market has held up far better than the US, which seems surprising, but if you look at it from 2006 we have not actually fallen much, although it feels like we have. But large segments of our market have not really fallen at all. A2, Spark, Chorus, Fph Ebos etc.

A7B9C39E-56A5-46F9-8286-2C1FECF96B65.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    For all the kerfuffle so far we still have some distance to go if we are to visit crisis levels in equities. My reading is that when the GDP and inflation (deflation?) numbers come out over the next few months we will really see if there is the political resolve to prevent a depression.
    Political resolve to prevent a depression?

Don’t even have to spend 1 minute worrying about that - if need be, we will see ‘helicopter’ money pumped into global economies.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Not according to the chart at Yahoo. Remember you have to use a monthly chart. On that the coppock has fallen nowhere near zero, and our market has held up far better than the US, which seems surprising, but if you look at it from 2006 we have not actually fallen much, although it feels like we have. But large segments of our market have not really fallen at all. A2, Spark, Chorus, Fph Ebos etc.

A7B9C39E-56A5-46F9-8286-2C1FECF96B65.jpg
    A ha,thanks my bad