sharetrader
Page 436 of 1898 FirstFirst ... 3363864264324334344354364374384394404464865369361436 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 18971

Thread: Black Monday

200 billion more tariffs to come , no backing down now
    one step ahead of the herd

I am taking list of companies or industries which are going to benefit from the current situation. What I noticed was in every situation there are winners. Even domestically focused listed companies in China and the USA should do well. Overlooked markets are another place which could have next great opportunities as they are not crowded yet. All crowded markets are having volatility and sell-off.

Investors and traders over reacted to so many things such as fed rate, end of bond buying, euro crisis, brexit, currency volatility and some other reasons in the past as well. They have become new normal. Some defensive stocks are good for all type of market situation. It is natural to have correction for short term speculative driven assets and overpriced extended assets. However, market players have over reacted to quality assets (stocks) as well. I see great opportunity in those areas. Going forward quality out of favor stocks should get limelight.

More tariffs means less trade for some and more opportunity for some. I believe once dusts settle stock markets should rebound again. However I don’t rule out volatility.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...morgan-stanley

Unloved British Stocks Trigger a Buy Signal for Morgan Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    I am taking list of companies or industries which are going to benefit from the current situation. What I noticed was in every situation there are winners. Even domestically focused listed companies in China and the USA should do well. Overlooked markets are another place which could have next great opportunities as they are not crowded yet. All crowded markets are having volatility and sell-off.

Investors and traders over reacted to so many things such as fed rate, end of bond buying, euro crisis, brexit, currency volatility and some other reasons in the past as well. They have become new normal. Some defensive stocks are good for all type of market situation. It is natural to have correction for short term speculative driven assets and overpriced extended assets. However, market players have over reacted to quality assets (stocks) as well. I see great opportunity in those areas. Going forward quality out of favor stocks should get limelight.

More tariffs means less trade for some and more opportunity for some. I believe once dusts settle stock markets should rebound again. However I don’t rule out volatility.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...morgan-stanley

Unloved British Stocks Trigger a Buy Signal for Morgan Stanley
    agree volitilty could well increase as things play out

Going forward markets should rebound and could close month end strongly. It was a kind of market shakeup for all types of assets such as stocks, bonds and commodities throughout the world. From now onwards fundamentals should rule the market. Sell off has created some great opportunity in overreacted attractive stocks. In a way it was a much needed correction for overheated markets. Just like similar to sell-off, when market rebound strongly there will be plenty of reasons. European and USA markets could rebound by tomorrow itself. Even oversold Asian markets should rebound today. Some defensive stocks are getting limelight again. Some top analysts expect a rotation to defensives to occur in 2018. Sell-off has reduced asset inflation as well. I didn’t expect so much sell off although I expected some sell-off in the first two weeks of June. This brutal selling really have created some great opportunities even life time opportunities globally.

Going forward markets should rebound and could close month end strongly. It was a kind of market shakeup for all types of assets such as stocks, bonds and commodities throughout the world. From now onwards fundamentals should rule the market. Sell off has created some great opportunity in overreacted attractive stocks. In a way it was a much needed correction for overheated markets. Just like similar to sell-off, when market rebound strongly there will be plenty of reasons. European and USA markets could rebound by tomorrow itself. Even oversold Asian markets should rebound today. Some defensive stocks are getting limelight again. Some top analysts expect a rotation to defensives to occur in 2018. Sell-off has reduced asset inflation as well. I didn’t expect so much sell off although I expected some sell-off in the first two weeks of June. This brutal selling really have created some great opportunities even life time opportunities globally.
    just curious "valuegrowth" - do you write these posts yourself? If yes - are you writing horoscopes as well? If not - this could be a business opportunity ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    just curious "valuegrowth" - do you write these posts yourself? If yes - are you writing horoscopes as well? If not - this could be a business opportunity ...
    a bit unnecessary BP. I've noticed your acerbic comments a few times , whats up with such a narky tone dude?

we all have different ways of expressing ourselves.

im in the opposite camp expecting weak mth end with volitilty increasing , just last night we had 400pt swings in dow futures , 40 handles in the s&p 500 but tend to agree with your early june

IMO

"The performance of the Long Short Fund(LSF) has been impacted by the recent surge in ‘momentum’/’growth’ stocks and a continued drift in ‘value’ type stocks. Relative valuations of growth versus value stocks are at an historical extreme and we have positioned the portfolio to benefit as markets normalise."

So no flight to quality value stocks yet,Why not.? Stocks like FPH and APX ,RMD are reaching new highs almost daily. Can anyone join the dots with this seemingly disconnect or has the bull mkt got a way to go ?
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 22-06-2018 at 03:59 PM.

When compare with other markets, NZ market was resilient. What happened to Asian markets? It is normal to have sell-off in extended markets and markets which had long bull market. Even there was sell-off in weak markets as well. This type of selling and buying in bonds and stocks should continue in the future too. In a way it is a kind of a cycle. Volatility in currency, bond and stock market could become new normal. After all current situation has made some opportunity for some industries. Their business cost will come down during second half of this year. Still some growth stocks have demand. Value stocks should take the lead sooner than later followed by defensive stocks
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...unt-of-selloff

Asia Stocks Bear the Brunt of a Brutal $2.1 Trillion Selloff

Guru

I don't get it either JT.This is not in my experience.Most likely reason I can come up with is low interest rates & low inflation.Therefore LOOK OUT when they change.PS I like your POT.I sold out way too earlier.They do have risk of ship coming to grief in narrow entrance.