sharetrader
Page 424 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 3243744144204214224234244254264274284344745249241424 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 18813

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Then the Govt would be stifling a critical industry with regulation.
    I can see the headlines now
    You can't be serious.

You mean our populist government prefers to stop a profitable industry in their tracks and buy the product they produce (and we need) in future from less well maintained foreign gas fields instead of keeping jobs onshore and make gas still more environmentally friendly? How is this helping our climate? How is this good for our country?

I guess so far I thought Trump is the dumbest populist around, but maybe I am wrong ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    methane producing cows are the biggest greenhouse omitters , so if they dont hurry up and plant those trees the govt will never meet there targets , the oil and gas is a smokescreen lol
    How about the wild buffalo , wilderbeast and other wild animals not forgetting the fish that fart or don't the greenies count them !

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    Why dont you take your Trump rants elsewhere. You obviously need help with this obsession you have with him. And I'm getting tired of your continual dribble
    Having a bad day?

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Yep, we are literally shipping all our good stuff overseas and importing the dirty stuff. So GHG emissions are already as bad as they can be.

Remember that the announcement means we won't be looking for more in any new areas. Maui is already going and will keep going for a few decades. It will always be bad for Taranaki when Maui runs out. Really they should be thinking about what comes next as the world is moving away from fossil fuels. You don't want to be in a business where your supply AND demand are diminishing. If you are, it is time to pivot.
    Maui wont last that long without more holes being drilled or without ongoing investment into the platforms which who in their right mind would do knowing its not going to be able to tap more holes in future? It's gas producing not oil so rather short sighted of the government to stop all offshore drilling when gas is a good alternative that will need to come from elsewhere, I wonder how expensive it will become to heat our house with gas central heating in 10 years? Companies wont come to NZ to drill while the current permits lapse either, why would they invest in a country that has made it clear they are not supported? The effects of this decision are far greater reaching downstream than anyone really understands and ultimately will impact on every NZ family using gas for hot water and heating, BBQ's and of course the need for the government to make up the half billion dollar fiscal hole left behind even before considering compounding effects of support industry..... sad day for NZ

The industry that supports oil and gas is huge and not just the big companies that will shut up shop, engineering, labour supply, training and many others will suffer and the hardest hit will be Taranaki but the economy as a whole will suffer more than just the 500 million paid in royalties and tax......
    Last edited by workingdad; 13-04-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You are presuming that there was a definite path to more gas in the next 10 years.
    That was not a given!
    Oddly coal has a lower impact to climate change than gas because Methane (gas) has much more impact in the upper atmosphere than CO2.
    Off course there was, to suggest otherwise is laughable, not just 'work over' (industry term for drilling same fields) but other areas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Maui wont last that long without more holes being drilled or without ongoing investment into the platforms which who in their right mind would do knowing its not going to be able to tap more holes in future? It's gas producing not oil so rather short sighted of the government to stop all offshore drilling when gas is a good alternative that will need to come from elsewhere, I wonder how expensive it will become to heat our house with gas central heating in 10 years? Companies wont come to NZ to drill while the current permits lapse either, why would they invest in a country that has made it clear they are not supported? The effects of this decision are far greater reaching downstream than anyone really understands and ultimately will impact on every NZ family using gas for hot water and heating, BBQ's and of course the need for the government to make up the half billion dollar fiscal hole left behind even before considering compounding effects of support industry..... sad day for NZ

The industry that supports oil and gas is huge and not just the big companies that will shut up shop, engineering, labour supply, training and many others will suffer and the hardest hit will be Taranaki but the economy as a whole will suffer more than just the 500 million paid in royalties and tax......
    I just can't see this bunch of looney far leftys staying in power for another term ... they are heading NZ economic stabilty off a cliff

__not that National was doing a super job but least they seem to be fairly centred for most Kiwis and welcomed foriegn investment(maybe a little too much)>>>>

Who in there right mind would bring major investment to this country......... outside Tourism,, retirement villages ,,res property etc...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 13-04-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I just can't see this bunch of looney far leftys staying in power for another term ... they are heading NZ economic stabilty off a cliff

__not that National was doing a super job but least they seem to be fairly centred for most Kiwis and welcomed foriegn investment(maybe a little too much)>>>>

Who in there right mind would bring major investment to this country......... outside Tourism,, retirement villages ,,res property etc...
    Completely agree, current Govt is a slow moving economic train wreck(Well maybe not that slow)
    Last edited by couta1; 13-04-2018 at 11:08 PM.

The word inside the government is that they wanted to go much, much further, but it was Winston who held them up in cabinet. Labour and the Greens wanted all existing oil and gas exploration halted as well.!!!!

Cindy+Winnie NZF Green labour will go down as the worst Govt in NZ history if this is the path they are going to take...

https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2018/04/h...-in-listening/

We have been sucked into a Loopy far left dictatorship run by unistudent mentality
    Last edited by JBmurc; 14-04-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

https://i.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily...post.103037490

As per my comments yesterday. 10 years supply of gas without additional drilling. Get ready for significant power and gas increases

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily...post.103037490

As per my comments yesterday. 10 years supply of gas without additional drilling. Get ready for significant power and gas increases
    That's probably what the government winter handout for beneficiaries and pensioners is there for - to compensate for all the energy hikes the gummit is responsible for. Everybody else is (as usual) worse off. Thanks, Taxinda!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)