sharetrader
Page 363 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 2633133533593603613623633643653663673734134638631363 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 18964

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    popped above the top of the range 2480 see what happens if it holds range implies impulse move to 2540- 60 ? dyor
    we reached the target now its chopping around the target area 2540 - 2560 - 70 waiting for time to catch up , overall still very bullish - see what happens
    Last edited by bull....; 26-10-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Running the numbers on American Corporate spending....
    They must have a strong belief in the tooth fairy, and lots of pearly whites to sacrifice.

Almost month of October is going to end and there is one Monday left for this month.Will there be huge selling in global markets on Monday?
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 29-10-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    Almost month of October is going to end and there is one Monday left for this month.Will there be huge selling in global markets on Monday?
    I really doubt that, it has been a stellar year for stocks here and worldwide and it will continue in 2017(barring any substantial event occurring).

I am wondering how much more legs this bull market has in 2018. Forward PE's are very high and earnings results in 2018 would be have to incredible for it to continue. A lot of future growth is already baked into a lot of shares in the nzx50 and beyond. I myself have been holding onto cash lately because it is so difficult from a valuation standpoint to put money in at this stage (also don't want to buy for the sake of buying).

"When share prices go up for an extended period of time, eventually people start believing they will always go up, when they go down for an extended period of time, people start believing that they will always be going down"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I
    . I myself have been holding onto cash lately because it "
    That is why I feel this time "it is different" and the bull may go on for a whole while longer. We are selling a property shortly and wondering what to do with the money. Bit nervous about equities, but the problem is cash. In the past you could get 6-9% on call with term deposits/bonds or other cash instruments. Now you are lucky to get between 2-4%. The cost of holding cash is a lot larger than in past markets.

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    I doubt it ...

Banned

All cashed up and nowhere to go.

What sectors are not immune to any sudden fall in the market? How about great value stocks?Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I really doubt that, it has been a stellar year for stocks here and worldwide and it will continue in 2017(barring any substantial event occurring).

I am wondering how much more legs this bull market has in 2018. Forward PE's are very high and earnings results in 2018 would be have to incredible for it to continue. A lot of future growth is already baked into a lot of shares in the nzx50 and beyond. I myself have been holding onto cash lately because it is so difficult from a valuation standpoint to put money in at this stage (also don't want to buy for the sake of buying).

"When share prices go up for an extended period of time, eventually people start believing they will always go up, when they go down for an extended period of time, people start believing that they will always be going down"

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That is why I feel this time "it is different" and the bull may go on for a whole while longer. We are selling a property shortly and wondering what to do with the money. Bit nervous about equities, but the problem is cash. In the past you could get 6-9% on call with term deposits/bonds or other cash instruments. Now you are lucky to get between 2-4%. The cost of holding cash is a lot larger than in past markets.
    I agree with you 100% on holding cash conundrum. I am just weary of putting into shares just for the sake of it. On the flip side, you have to be realistic and not get too greedy. My portfolio is up double digits on the year and I am contempt to sit on that for now.

Its easy to see everyone outside playing while you're stuck in detention so to speak. However, we are getting to that illogical part of the cycle where valuations are just too high and something has to give. While the money keeping getting pumped in to prop up shares, it might not be the smart money. Keep in mind institutional investors don't make money on idle cash! They make money on transaction costs first and return to their investors second.

PS: Good look on the sale, maybe sell up now and get better prices if/when the new govt bring in their housing policies

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Come on you guys and blackcap come over to a2, we are having a ball over here. Been buying up large since 7.10. There's still time to get in before $10. I sold 20% of my holding on Friday and bought them back today knowing I had made a mistake. Cost me extra 10c, but who cares, it will be up to $9 before you know it.
    Cheers Seeweed haha good company, my dad bought some at 10 cents in 2005 so he is sitting very nicely. Bit too late for me on the curve though. No worries, still going to buy equities, might just have to look offshore.