sharetrader
Page 433 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 3333834234294304314324334344354364374434835339331433 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

wall st having nice rally into end of mth
    one step ahead of the herd

As an asset class livestock commodities were strong during last two days when other assets tanked. Dow rebounded. Asian markets are also rebounding. Short term speculative driven overbought assets are also having pulled back or correction. Baltic Dry index also fell. Attractive opportunities always will appear when markets shake up.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 31-05-2018 at 06:58 PM.

IMO

Unemployment in USA down to 3.8%. All sectors doing great, worker shortage on the horizon, wages increasing, inflation low. Economy strong. Big up finish to the week. Purple patch Monday.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Unemployment in USA down to 3.8%. All sectors doing great, worker shortage on the horizon, wages increasing, inflation low. Economy strong. Big up finish to the week. Purple patch Monday.
    All their protectionist policies will be great for them. But what about the rest of the planet

As I expected overcrowded things including overcrowded stocks fell dramatically as they had extended so much.

However,there are some incredibly cheap European stocks. Then there are very attractive stocks in the Asia-Pacific region. For me Italy problem has created some opportunities. I consider it similar to other European political and economic issues. Eventually they will find a solution. U.S. equities remain very expensive. But still there is some positive moment for USA stocks although U.S. equities have re-entered overbought territory. According to some analysts, earnings expectations for the Asia-Pacifi region ex Japan remain fairly modest and they expect to see upward revisions in coming months. Valuations are looking less expensive following the February sell-off and recent sell-off.

https://russellinvestments.com/us/in...acific-outlook

Asia Pacific: And the show rolls on
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 03-06-2018 at 11:31 PM.

biggest issues next 2 weeks

trade wars
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rade-war-looms

fed meeting

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sion-day-guide

nth korea meeting

nasdaq hits another record up 11% this yr one of the best places to be this year so far

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-markets-wrap

I dont suggest that this will be a cause of the next crash but interested in views on how recent pay increases above that which is normal in the past 10 years could affect the markets in NZ. Both Nurses and Teachers are gunning for significant pay rises compared with recent years. Pay rises lead to inflation? Inflation leads to interest rate rises? Interest rate rises cause instability in the housing market? Not sure if my rationale follows but interested in more learned thoughts on this. ta

Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    I dont suggest that this will be a cause of the next crash but interested in views on how recent pay increases above that which is normal in the past 10 years could affect the markets in NZ. Both Nurses and Teachers are gunning for significant pay rises compared with recent years. Pay rises lead to inflation? Inflation leads to interest rate rises? Interest rate rises cause instability in the housing market? Not sure if my rationale follows but interested in more learned thoughts on this. ta
    You are on to it

How do markets behave in a recession is your question eh

Who knows
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”