sharetrader
Page 4 of 1882 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    (doubt the institutions are up to much selling, just buying)
    I think they will be sitting on their hands waiting to see what happens in the US tonight. Be very brave for them to be buying today (esp this morning - might change when Asia opens).

Advanced Member

Not looking forward to Australia opening. Maybe they should take the day off until after Monday in USA ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    The Alice in Wonderland cycle.
    Hmmmm

Yes I believe in that Cycle.. Have made heaps following them....

BWAhahahahaaaa

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Not looking forward to Australia opening. Maybe they should take the day off until after Monday in USA ?

No point in delaying the inevitable , like China with their intervention to try and prop up stocks , suspend stocks etc ...... the market will go there regardless .....

I understand historically what black monday was, but I don't understand what's going on? Why is it 'black monday'?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck View Post
    I understand historically what black monday was, but I don't understand what's going on? Why is it 'black monday'?
    Because " They " who ever they are...

Have had all week end to deside what YOU ....Will do.............. Say No More............

IMO

We have had an amazing 2 year plus run on the NZX ; nothing wrong with taking a few profits; taking the top off.

I had a good look over things last night and made some decisions, today I'm trimming my holdings heavily, however have been trimming over the last few months but should have been more aggressive. Some would say this strategy is erratic but i see it as an opportunity to preserve capital. All may be good, but you have to speculate what the US markets will do tonight, and if the drop heavily its going to be all go!!! Sell now and possibly buy good companies for a much lower price. From what i can see Chinese government is intervening heavily - stocks market, currency etc, and its not working - so what would it look like if they wern't intervening...

RFT on the ASX up 11%, only positive! will keep them!
    Last edited by NZSilver; 24-08-2015 at 11:18 AM.

spark positive its about having the right stocks isn't it
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    I had a good look over things last night and made some decisions, today I'm trimming my holdings heavily, however have been trimming over the last few months but should have been more aggressive. Some would say this strategy is erratic but i see it as an opportunity to preserve capital. All may be good, but you have to speculate what the US markets will do tonight, and if the drop heavily its going to be all go!!! Sell now and possibly buy good companies for a much lower price. From what i can see Chinese government is intervening heavily - stocks market, currency etc, and its not working - so what would it look like if they wern't intervening...

RFT on the ASX up 11%, only positive! will keep them!
    I guess depends whether you are an optimist or a pessimist ... so far it looks like the drop is (at least on the NZX) based on quite light volume ... which means if you are trimming today, you run the risk of selling into the bottom. But than - the day is still young, so lets see how it proceeds.

I probably would wait a couple of days with the trimming for the relieve rally to kick in, but than - i might be wrong. DYOR
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)