sharetrader
Page 1901 of 1925 FirstFirst ... 90114011801185118911897189818991900190119021903190419051911 ... LastLast
Results 19,001 to 19,010 of 19241

Thread: Black Monday

Whoopee …pity they won’t be here to admit they were wrong
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    But I reckon he also said rates sufficiently high to slow economy ...No further hikes needed . Higher for longer will not last long ...maybe delaying the inevitable by 3-6 months max ...imo
    Yeah I thought it was overall positive for the market. I bot NASDAQ this morning, I was long gold overnight that did well. Plenty of volatility that's for sure.

Other thing of note is the rate of tapering will be halved. Not more liquidity, but more than there would have been.

Public sector cuts: Voluntary redundancy scheme put in place at Stats NZ - NZ Herald

Govt going to bring that unemployment rate up to crush inflation and save the middle class.

Personally havnt mind this inflation. Its lovely see my mortgage inflate away

Guru

Let's hope the NZ govt is onto it with this cow flu pandemic. It should be acting now to stop spread into the domestic herd.

If it spreads to humans the fatality rate could be up to 50% without any steps taken (vaccines, distancing) which is sobering to think about. It also depends on ease of transmission of course.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...al-governments
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 03-05-2024 at 01:38 PM.

I think we're overdue for another pandemic. Some serious lockdowns wage subsidies and money printing would be a real breath of fresh air right now.

I fear that when the next pandemic arrives the memories of COVID culture wars and disinformation means governments won't be willing to do the necessary lockdown measures. There's a big chunk of people out there who didn't believe the body bags last time and believe the vaccine was more dangerous than the disease, how do you bring them on board to fight another even more deadly pandemic?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Let's hope the NZ govt is onto it with this cow flu pandemic. It should be acting now to stop spread into the domestic herd.

If it spreads to humans the fatality rate could be up to 50% without any steps taken (vaccines, distancing) which is sobering to think about. It also depends on ease of transmission of course.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...al-governments
    Insert "run over by a bus" instead of cow flu. Then duck your head as the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    I fear that when the next pandemic arrives the memories of COVID culture wars and disinformation means governments won't be willing to do the necessary lockdown measures. There's a big chunk of people out there who didn't believe the body bags last time and believe the vaccine was more dangerous than the disease, how do you bring them on board to fight another even more deadly pandemic?
    Yep totally agree with you.
    That's the problem when you let the nut jobs run the asylum.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yep totally agree with you.
    That's the problem when you let the nut jobs run the asylum.
    Yip,Yip, Mandatory jabbing for every man, woman & child.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Yip,Yip, Mandatory jabbing for every man, woman & child.
    And a lobotomy for those who don't comply. 🤣