sharetrader
Page 412 of 1899 FirstFirst ... 3123624024084094104114124134144154164224625129121412 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 18987

Thread: Black Monday

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by Blakie View Post
    10-15%? Try 40-50%.
    There is now more liquidity floating around looking for a yield than any point in history and it's not going to end well.
    The global economic system is broken badly, even Stevie Wonder can see that.
    Low interest rates, coupled with printing unlimited dollar bills is going to end in disaster.

You can expect the property market to cool by 20-40% with the biggest drops in Auckland where the market has basically become a pyrimd scheme.

Fun times ahead peps!
    https://medium.com/insurge-intellige...ty-ed217752428
    Bear markets tend to start with a patch of volatility followed by short lived calm periods. The 10 to 17 I expect would be just one of an ongoing series, sawtooth pattern. At some stage in the pattern a false rally emerges, and takes the hopeful for a ride.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Bear markets tend to start with a patch of volatility followed by short lived calm periods. The 10 to 17 I expect would be just one of an ongoing series, sawtooth pattern. At some stage in the pattern a false rally emerges, and takes the hopeful for a ride.
    No Bear market this year, maybe 2019/20, a couple of short corrections I reckon, otherwise business as usual. PS-Ive been talked into accompanying my grandkids to a teddy bears picnic tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No Bear market this year, maybe 2019/20, a couple of short corrections I reckon, otherwise business as usual. PS-Ive been talked into accompanying my grandkids to a teddy bears picnic tomorrow.
    Good omen ...soft cuddly little teddy bears are no danger ....and no sign of big grizzly market bears eh

Not the Island Bay Teddy Bears Picnic is it?

My little teddy wears a leather jacket and has a paper clip in one ear and a badge on one sleeve and I call him Butch. Been my friend for at least 20 years.
    Last edited by winner69; 17-02-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

50/50 chance this is a bear market now or its done and dusted and this was just a correction...
    If one goes to 50% cash they will be guaranteed to be half right and half wrong at the same time which is sure to give you a bad case of ambivalence at best, at worst you'll need regular visits to your therapist lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-02-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    50/50 chance this is a bear market now or its done and dusted and this was just a correction...
    yeh its very hard to consider that such a jolt is random out of the blue and meaningless
    S+P500LT.JPGS+P500Weekly.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yeh its very hard to consider that such a jolt is random out of the blue and meaningless
    S+P500LT.JPGS+P500Weekly.JPG
    After the worst week seen in a couple of years, we just had the best week in 5 years as the money flows back in.

Record high - $171bn in stock buybacks coming into the market in 2018. ( Double what we had in 2017 )
    None of these buybacks are to occur 30 days prior to earnings reports.
    Half of the larger firms in the index report earnings in Feb through March.
    Largest demand of shares and support on the market come from corporations.
    These buybacks also do a lot to boost total EPS and value per share for new buyers.

Nasdaq listed Q4 season has 81% beat on EPS estimates and 74.2% beat on revenue estimates.

Unless the economy implodes or the fed hike rates closer to 4% by the end of the year the market is in a sweet spot.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/14/inve...ex.html?iid=EL
    Last edited by hardt; 18-02-2018 at 11:55 AM.

I strongly believe investors will have to get used to both stock and commodity market volatility. Sharper equity market gyrations could serve up opportunities for stock pickers.

http://www.arborinvestmentplanner.co...stment-stocks/

Quality Investing: Characteristics of Quality Companies

http://www.businessinsider.com/we-co...8-2/?r=AU&IR=T

We could be heading into another bear market for oil
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/mark...-investor.html

Invest in quality stocks and when they get cheap, buy more!

VIX just under 20

That’s good ....implies a reasonable chance that the S&P500 could go UP 6% in next month

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    VIX just under 20

That’s good ....implies a reasonable chance that the S&P500 could go UP 6% in next month
    Went to the Teddy Bears picnic today and my grandkids won a 1st and 3rd prize for the best dressed and the most colourful bear, that's a good omen for the next while I reckon,even a buy signal. PS-Didnt spot any Grizzly Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Went to the Teddy Bears picnic today and my grandkids won a 1st and 3rd prize for the best dressed and the most colourful bear, that's a good omen for the next while I reckon,even a buy signal. PS-Didnt spot any Grizzly Bears.
    Wdone your grand kids ...and a proud granddad

My Butch would have won if I had taken him

And grizzly market bears gone into hibernation again