sharetrader
Page 691 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 19159164168168768868969069169269369469570174179111911691 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,910 of 18964

Thread: Black Monday

Some say as pessimism is widespread it’s actually good for stocks. Bull markets have historically emerged from a universe filled with pessimism or with array of worries. The same scenario happened in December 2018 amid the 23% bear-market drop by the NASDAQ. Any Corona weakness or reaching corona peak also could generate demand for stocks. Finally, Lower interest rates generally support asset prices whether it be equities, bonds, or property. It is a worry for those with money in bank deposits when there are negative interests or very low interest rates.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The tsunami of trillions of dollars being printed - think through the implications for your money sitting in the bank today.
    Good time to be in debt as long as you're locked in on low interest and can service it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Good time to be in debt as long as you're locked in on low interest and can service it.
    And you have invested it wisely ..the guys locked in tourism commercial property must be stressed currently as they all believed nothing could stop the growth.. and I know looking over the southern lakes region getting 4-5% return was common
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    And you have invested it wisely ..the guys locked in tourism commercial property must be stressed currently as they all believed nothing could stop the growth.. and I know looking over the southern lakes region getting 4-5% return was common
    Reminds me of the heady days of the boom in export of Australian minerals to China circa 1990's. "Stronger for longer" was the message from the CEO of Oxiana - shortly before that company was forced to restructure as OZ Minerals!

Why US going up? Window dressing or short squeeze? I am sitting on some nice gains from my buys the last few weeks and am thinking pretty darn hard about selling to buy back later

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Why US going up? Window dressing or short squeeze? I am sitting on some nice gains from my buys the last few weeks and am thinking pretty darn hard about selling to buy back later
    Why would they go down? They are pumping trillions into their economy. This will cause asset prices to rise. Stocks are net assets. Also their economy is strong enough to weather the blip. Not everything is in shutdown in the US. However there is a caveat. If interest rates start rising then all bets are off.

Tomorrow? What’s the rush. Next few weeks will be BRUTAL
    You are all over the place.

Stick to some time-tested investment principles, take a view and you may yet make sense out of this market - once in every 10 years opportunity.
    Last edited by Balance; 31-03-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You are all over the place.

Stick to some time-tested investment principles, take a view and you may yet make sense out of this market - once in every 10 years opportunity.
    What are the conflicts in those 2 posts? Piece has continued to rise and I’ve remained bearish

What are the conflicts in those 2 posts? Piece has continued to rise and I’ve remained bearish
    In which case, you should take the opportunity of the unexpected market rise and sell?
    Last edited by Balance; 31-03-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Guru

Likely to be part of Portfolio rebalancing.
    As bonds have gone up,stocks down a lot of money needs to move from bonds to shares to rebalance their funds