sharetrader
Page 607 of 1898 FirstFirst ... 10750755759760360460560660760860961061161765770711071607 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 18971

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    "An interesting reading from the Ifo Institute in Germany: its widely followed business climate indicator has actually beaten expectations – a reminder, perhaps, that the much of the coronavirus’s financial effects so far are down to fear, uncertainty and doubt.
    The Ifo’s business climate reading came in at 96.1 points, compared with a Reuters consensus forecast for a fall to 95.3. The institute is sticking to its first-quarter growth forecast of 0.2%. Ifo president Clemens Fuest said in a statement:

The German economy seems unaffected by developments surrounding the coronavirus." The Guardian

- so not all doom and gloom in Europe this morning.
    The quarantining of Lombard towns and the closing of Northern Italian schools is not helping the fear that it is spreading through Europe.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 24-02-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    A little bit of rebalancing every now and then not the worst thing. Funny how quickly sentiment can change, in a week it could be back to full steam ahead.
    Its funny , while I agree sentiment changes quickly (in the big picture), I've also been amazed how slowly it turns (in the little picture).
    There was time to get out re coronavirus.
    I personally didn't act on it much coz I already was very underweight, and had been skimming off the tops already.
    But today was quite nasty with most stocks down (apart from Chorus!!) I hate that share lol, it shouldn't be doing so well coz I bagged it hahah.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

looking very ugly open
    one step ahead of the herd

looks like its going to open on support , if doesnt hold im looking for around 3218 area
    change bro open under support now still 3218 ?
    Last edited by bull....; 25-02-2020 at 03:27 AM.

just hit 3218 if doesnt hold this gonna get super ugly

Still not bad in the grand scheme of things, you shouldn't be worrying about where stocks will be in 5 days, or 5 weeks or even 5 months unless you're a short term investor.

Even at the lowest level of the day, the NZX50 was still higher than the start of the year, still up 27% for past 12 months. Expect a recover with the futures up 200 points.

I'm interested to see what happens to people if stocks are down for a few months on end and what the reaction is. A lot more people are getting into index funds now then ever before.

Advanced Member

Still not bad in the grand scheme of things, you shouldn't be worrying about where stocks will be in 5 days, or 5 weeks or even 5 months unless you're a short term investor.

Even at the lowest level of the day, the NZX50 was still higher than the start of the year, still up 27% for past 12 months. Expect a recover with the futures up 200 points.

I'm interested to see what happens to people if stocks are down for a few months on end and what the reaction is. A lot more people are getting into index funds now then ever before.

The general public might finally wake up if they see their kiwi savers decline. NZers are generally a very insular bunch, with little interest in the outside world but nothing works them up more than their own money disappearing.
    Last edited by ratkin; 26-02-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Had my kiwi saver in the lowest possible risk for a few years in anticipation of this event should have happened years ago...
    DOW going to 20,000 imo...
    Fully cashed up now...
    All crypto tethered

.^sc
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

not as simple as you say. as a long term investor you can still lose terribly by buying at expensive levels. did you know even buffett has been selling apple in q4 on the way up even he sells when values are stretched.
    The index funds have pushed indices up they will do the same on the way down. the only reason the markets rallied from november last year is fed qe so its built on quicksand now. they cant keep printing forever. buybacks cant keep happening forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Had my kiwi saver in the lowest possible risk for a few years in anticipation of this event should have happened years ago...
    DOW going to 20,000 imo...
    Fully cashed up now...
    All crypto tethered

.^sc
    67% cash for me and unlikely to change going forward now markets are so stretched , lots of public froth around lol