sharetrader
Page 496 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 3964464864924934944954964974984995005065465969961496 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 18815

Thread: Black Monday

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuestion View Post
    Someone should do a study of market predictions made over the years and plot it to what actually happened. I would be interested to know how accurate they truly are or if they are just trying to get free advertising!
    Just about every month since I've been actively investing in the last 5yrs there has been one, two or more articles forecasting the imminent market decline, so I guess they have all been wrong........so far.

The above article was just another one.

I'm staying in the market, but am treading carefully. Following Ben Graham's 'Intelligent Investor' guidelines is the best thing we can do to prepare for any market shock.

FYI here is another article from the reputable Washington Post, signalling a major issue that could be in the making.

Take care out there.

Hard to predict, when central banks keep pumping billions of dollars into the economies to prop them up.

Just a fun-fact (in case people didn't notice): The ASX BEAR seems to wake up.

BEAR.ASX is now in a confirmed uptrend ... bouncing earlier this week on the MA200 and just having passed the Golden Cross!

BearAX.jpg
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

not a nice start to the week for us markets , be watching the oct lows still for first sign of support
    one step ahead of the herd

Hunting for Heuristic trends

another down day , big down at the open. vix is moving up but no sign of a flush yet or a bottom in indices. oil down huge again

indices down for the ytd again nz still out performing not sure if this a good thing? im still thinking it will catch up soonoor or later

Black Friday sale this week? Not sure I could be tempted by anything at the moment, I think the NZX is going to be spooked more than the US markets...

Quote Originally Posted by Peitro View Post
    Black Friday sale this week? Not sure I could be tempted by anything at the moment, I think the NZX is going to be spooked more than the US markets...
    nz slow to catch on , irrational exerberance still evident harder the fall to come i reckon. look at mft good results and new stock highs , hello if the world gdp is slowing going forward mft will slow too. anyway just an example

Permanent Newbie

I wouldn't worry central banks must be ready to ride to the rescue with negative interest rates and easy money. The current paradigm is that money is worthless and we need to protect the people in finance and the people they lend money to. Any federal reserve pronouncement that interest rate increases will cease is bound to boost markets 3-4%

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I wouldn't worry central banks must be ready to ride to the rescue with negative interest rates and easy money. The current paradigm is that money is worthless and we need to protect the people in finance and the people they lend money to. Any federal reserve pronouncement that interest rate increases will cease is bound to boost markets 3-4%
    On CNBC this morning they are saying that the Fed is not going to raise rates as much as they were initially going to. Only looking at .25 pts next times (75% chance) then half a year later a 61% chance of .25%. So I think you may be right.