sharetrader
Page 781 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 28168173177177777877978078178278378478579183188112811781 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 18813

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Fred114 View Post
    Meanwhile, for the bottom 90% it's just the opposite....the rich are dumping their stock to the poor.The technical term is "distribution".
    I think that is a hilarious article. Apart from being arrogant in the extreme, the authors cannot even read a graph and misinterpret the data to support their bogus theory. It's fairly obvious from the data that in the past the small guys got their timing better than the "rich".

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    heres a 24hr chart one i use of dji on a 2hrly clearly shows the range

Attachment 11616

can see the clear bounces of bottom and top of ranges. if your going to use pivot points you need to confirm them with other indicators
    breaking up from range on the dji and sp500 is also. sp500 also reclaimed just above 200 day moving average usually bullish longer term but give it a few days too see if it can sustain the move.
    money printing is sure doing a good job of pushing stocks higher , stocks trade at forward earnings more expensive than most periods in history now but i guess that doesnt matter as long as the presses are still going strong. remember its momo that matters at the moment not fundamental analysis.

NZD breaking higher from range to over 62c now and what better way to trade it than fph rising strongly in trend remember its momo not fundamentals that matter lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

.... remember its momo not fundamentals that matter lol
    bull.... bull....

While Momo is a wonderful Asian food,
    but then all Asian food is wonderful,
    fundamentals always matter.
    om mani peme hum

mentioned earlier RBNZ had declared war on term deposits for the benefit of mortgage holders and the banks are party to this now dropping mortgage rates and now taking a sledge hammer to term deposits

ANZ takes term deposit rate offers down to levels never seen before, with almost no offers above 2%

https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...most-no-offers

so expecting as we head to negative rates in the next year mortgages should be heaps cheaper and term deposits heaps lower.
    tough environment for people with money near zero real return on term deposits now and only a few certain companies paying reliable dividends going forward will make it hard to get a return. but hay thats the downside of money printing to high heaven anyway borrowing shi..loads at low rates upfront to fund the next 40 years of life style sounds appealing too me now if ive still got a job of course and knowing now the RBNZ like the fed thru money printing will never allow stocks or the property market too fall makes me feel good too plan the dAY
    Last edited by bull....; 27-05-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Outside thinking.

mentioned earlier RBNZ had declared war on term deposits for the benefit of mortgage holders and the banks are party to this now dropping mortgage rates and now taking a sledge hammer to term deposits...

..... but hay thats the downside of money printing to high heaven anyway borrowing shi..loads at low rates upfront to fund the next 40 years of life style sounds appealing too me now if ive still got a job of course and knowing now the RBNZ like the fed thru money printing will never allow stocks or the property market too fall makes me feel good too plan the dAY
    Property and shares/kiwisaver funds increasingly seen as the 'safe havens'......... got to be good for the share market (at least in the short term.)

The doomsday merchants licking their wounds and staring enviously at the gains made in the market.

Blaming the Fed & Central Banks for printing money to avert a depression and severe market crash!

Isn’t the sharemarket a fun place to observe human behaviour? 🤔

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Isn’t the sharemarket a fun place to observe human behaviour? ��
    It's done my head in trying to work it out so I have given up.
    Have gone with the flow and stopped trying to use logic.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    It's done my head in trying to work it out so I have given up.
    Have gone with the flow and stopped trying to use logic.
    thats why its momo not fundamentals. US markets being driven higher mainly by top 5 or 6 tech stocks even in NZ indexes being driven up by mainly atm and fph

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The doomsday merchants licking their wounds and staring enviously at the gains made in the market.

Blaming the Fed & Central Banks for printing money to avert a depression and severe market crash!

Isn’t the sharemarket a fun place to observe human behaviour? 🤔
    And sharetrader is even better than the share market for entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    bull.... bull....

While Momo is a wonderful Asian food,
    but then all Asian food is wonderful,
    fundamentals always matter.
    A lot of it is, that's true, but maybe you should smell Taiwanese stinky tofu before you repeat above statement :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)