sharetrader
Page 1002 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 250290295299299899910001001100210031004100510061012105211021502 ... LastLast
Results 10,011 to 10,020 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Hopefully he'll make it to the NZX50...no MIQ for the S&P 500 so it's easier to get to
    Last edited by Bobdn; 16-12-2021 at 10:21 PM.

markets being rational now ? nasdaq getting hammered i dont understand they only go up

forgot to mention did anyone notice the rotation last 2-3 weeks into utilities wow somethings up ? not the nz market utilities the us utilities
    Last edited by bull....; 17-12-2021 at 06:20 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    markets being rational now ? nasdaq getting hammered i dont understand they only go up

forgot to mention did anyone notice the rotation last 2-3 weeks into utilities wow somethings up ? not the nz market utilities the us utilities
    I was watching the reaction yesterday and wondering whether it was largely due to hedges unwinding. Todays action would suggest that may have been the case. With rates rising I wouldn't expect a green year for the US markets next year.

Santa being waved off, disappointing. Oil still heading up so a silver lining.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 17-12-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    I was watching the reaction yesterday and wondering whether it was largely due to hedges unwinding. Todays action would suggest that may have been the case. With rates rising I wouldn't expect a green year for the US markets next year.
    i think your right , lots of people had shorts/puts on for the fed meet so someone caused a short squeeze yesterday to squeeze them into covering which fed on it self. and your right about the markets they dont usually do well in a rate tightening cycle

i think your right , lots of people had shorts/puts on for the fed meet so someone caused a short squeeze yesterday to squeeze them into covering which fed on it self. and your right about the markets they dont usually do well in a rate tightening cycle
    Bank of England unexpectadly raised rates and some speculate that's why the US market is wary,
    US next then the European central bank

I look at using interest rates to control inflation like a mobius strip. Once you get around enough, you are back where you started. When everyone starts to increase interest rates, inflation will get worse. Inflation is like a room full of mousetraps, once the start to go off, its so difficult to slow it down. I can see as interest rates start to rise, prices and wages will rise even more to offset the increase. Only a very large and fast increase in interest rates will start to control inflation. Then we will know it as house prices come back, and the economy will be stagnant. I saw it way back around the middle 80s with Rogernomics. It was a most unpalatable move for everyone. Cant see any government acting that responsibly anytime soon. Just my opinion. I am probably a lone voice in the wilderness with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I look at using interest rates to control inflation like a mobius strip. Once you get around enough, you are back where you started. When everyone starts to increase interest rates, inflation will get worse. Inflation is like a room full of mousetraps, once the start to go off, its so difficult to slow it down. I can see as interest rates start to rise, prices and wages will rise even more to offset the increase. Only a very large and fast increase in interest rates will start to control inflation. Then we will know it as house prices come back, and the economy will be stagnant. I saw it way back around the middle 80s with Rogernomics. It was a most unpalatable move for everyone. Cant see any government acting that responsibly anytime soon. Just my opinion. I am probably a lone voice in the wilderness with this one.
    BOE is raising interest rates due to OMI slowing down labour and Consumer rates in the UK, employment figures may fall but looking to curb inflation, they are expecting millions of cases in the coming weeks of OMI and US may be bracing itself for the same,

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Bank of England unexpectadly raised rates and some speculate that's why the US market is wary,
    US next then the European central bank
    some might argue the US is behind the curve as far as raising rates goes.
    tricky situation for all for sure
    rising inflation and to combat it we need to slow growth and money printing
    ominicron just going to make supply chains worse and maybe inflation get worse ahh
    what they gonna do and what the markets going to do 2022 the yr of big swings ?

some might argue the US is behind the curve as far as raising rates goes.
    tricky situation for all for sure
    rising inflation and to combat it we need to slow growth and money printing
    ominicron just going to make supply chains worse and maybe inflation get worse ahh
    what they gonna do and what the markets going to do 2022 the yr of big swings ?
    Absolutely big swings lol

Turkeys financial system collapsed
    Countries losing faith in the US dollar as the reserve currency
    US to stop stimulus soon, interest rates rising, OMI set to spread, hospitals overwhelmed, more lockdown's.
    Germany, Brazil set for negative GDP.
    A substantial amount of record-high debts so on so forth