sharetrader
Page 1007 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 75079079579971003100410051006100710081009101010111017105711071507 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,070 of 18961

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    An electric bicycle ?
    Ive asked the Mrs if she can get an electric bike to do the weekly shopping on.. I cannot print the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    Ive asked the Mrs if she can get an electric bike to do the weekly shopping on.. I cannot print the reply.
    Although my wife has an e-bike I'm sure I'd get the same kind of answer as well mcdongle!

Guru

Well then don't say that there's not an alternative or that petrol is some kind of "necessity".

Electric scooters are another one with decent range.

I do our weekly shop by bike, quite straightforward to fit everything in a couple of pannier bags and maybe a bungee cord for bulky items. Cheaper, bit of fresh air and exercise, and no stress parking the car. It's a huge waste of energy taking a car with you just to pick up a couple of bags of food.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    I do our weekly shop by bike, quite straightforward to fit everything in a couple of pannier bags and maybe a bungee cord for bulky items. Cheaper, bit of fresh air and exercise, and no stress parking the car. It's a huge waste of energy taking a car with you just to pick up a couple of bags of food.
    I have four children slightly different amount to carry home [dont suggest more trips as i will not ask her]

bike riding be very popular soon following the petrol price at $4 a litre. is that after russia invades or the houthis blow up every pipeline in saudi.

anyway the nzx is wanting to be the leader again as the worst market in the world currently only being beaten by rut and nasdaq
    one step ahead of the herd

That link here the other day. Increased fuel prices by $1 and the US consumption falls enough to make the world carbon neutral. So that isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Good for you JB. I was piling into oil in August/September 2020. That's sounds great but I completely mistimed my entry (naturally!) and was down 20 per cent at one point. If you check out the charts of XLE/VDE/IXC in that period, there was a big whoosh down and then the vaccines came along. It's sunny uplands now of course.

A lot of NZ funds are proudly ESG and have near ZERO exposure to energy, the best performing sector last year and this year to date. As long as energy is working, market down turns will be particularly hard for these funds. And if we have a 10 year commodity super cycle, then it's even worse for them. Of course the oil price could collapse tomorrow so this is far from a one way bet.

There was a good commentator on World Wide Exchange last night who said we really don't want oil much higher than it is now. $100 oil will bring too much drilling.
    Well this is the problem ... how slow and hard is it to build a house in NZ at present(this is not just a NZ problem) ....or Buy a new car (we have been waiting for 8months for new "Kia Sorento")

Even though we are living through a so called "Great Pandemic" the earth gains more than 1mill humans per week .... add in the amounts of dirty poor rural folks coming into cities in the likes of CHINA -India ,African nations etc ... they all want to have what the Yanks have.. Cars ...

I heard on CNBC from an expert energy analyst ...that they see higher daily oil demands next year than pre-COVID !!!

Also add in the picture we have heads of Energy exporter nations stating a dire need of continue investment of $500bill per year just to keep pre-covid production demands meet ...

But as we have seen from may head of nations ...the talk of no need to invest in dirty fossil fuels ..are own knobs in power ...call for the stopping of O&G exploration in NZ etc ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Expensive fuel prevents all from owning fossil fuel cars, problem solved right JB? Let them cycle, I heard there is an oversupply of ride share bikes in China so they shouldn't have any problems. Of greater concern is the social unrest closer to home that a spike in fuel prices could have. 91 is up at least 50 cents in the last few years, the French have rioted for less...

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    bit of a hammering again on the nasdaq and bitcoin getting a good pounding showing a negative divergence on the RSI. On CNBC they were raising some good points about ark innovation funds how concentrated they are in some stocks ... could be a worry if there a rush on redemptions as its so big now ? Can a ETF blow up ?
    well since my post about ark being ready to implode nearly a year ago it has panned out as thought , even doesnt look like the end of the carnage yet
    one step ahead of the herd