sharetrader
Page 1009 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 95099099599991005100610071008100910101011101210131019105911091509 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

China's already been hit hard with Xi's common prosperity edict.

Their stocks didn't fall much after corona but did after GFC.
    Chile, turkey ETFs also beaten down.

if you believe biden he reckons putin going to invade ukraine .

oil shock anyone as russia second biggest oil exporter

Oil prices have already shot up to seven-year highs in recent days. A conflict between Russia and Ukraine, which the White House has warned could be imminent, would have the potential to drive them much higher.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/20/b...tin/index.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

They have a small window of a few weeks due to the weather.

https://www.wionews.com/world/biden-...-report-444048

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isers-say.html

The modern battle of Agincourt .

IMO

Cashed in re 10% of my shares this week,taking profits and building more cash as a precaution ,less risk for me now and some great lower entry opps later hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Cashed in re 10% of my shares this week,taking profits and building more cash as a precaution ,less risk for me now and some great lower entry opps later hopefully.
    Just done exactly the same today. Got a bad feeling at the moment. Too many domestic and international issues that are more likely to worsen than improve in the near to mid term.

Investments

Will be very surprised to see much lower levels then this Friday in this year !!!

That's a big call. Did you buy today?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    That's a big call. Did you buy today?
    Yes i agree.Inflation ain't transitory,energy will keep going up,contracts when they rollover,the price at the pump will shock people ,everything will go up especially the price of food,wages etc etc.Itmay not happen overnite but it will happen......imo

Yes i agree.Inflation ain't transitory,energy will keep going up,contracts when they rollover,the price at the pump will shock people ,everything will go up especially the price of food,wages etc etc.Itmay not happen overnite but it will happen......imo
    Everything will go up including stocks revenue lines. Only thing that won’t go up is cash

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Ha, watching the ARKK collapse has been great no? There was so much chatter on the FB investment groups in Dec 20-Jan 21 with punters moving their KS over the the Nikko AM ARK fund, strangely quiet now!
    It's kinda sad thou. There was a post on a FB group yesterday with one person asking what to do now that their kiwisaver is down 40% because of this high risk ark bs. Clearly didnt know what he was investing in, likely followed some dumb post on FB back when people were posting about mega returns during arks glory days. Others post screenshots of their kiwisavers down 40% as well, in some sick form of solidarity. Then all the fan boys come out and say hold, buy more, just a dip, long term view etc. No actual fundamentals stated, just throwaway lines. One person said $80k down in actual dollars, his profile pic suggested he was late 30's. sad! Kiwisaver is supposed to plod along and compound at 8% every year for decades. Double digit returns some years for a bonus.

If I was to, I would only put a small amount of my own managed portfolio (2%) into an ark fund. But would never ever put my nest egg kiwisaver fund into it, let alone 100% of it!!