sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

US markets futures up as Amazon, Snap & Pinterest reported good earnings after market close.

Amazon up 15% in after market trades.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazo...162246834.html

Will the headlines scream Amazon up US$211billion, making Jeff Bezos even richer?
    Last edited by Balance; 04-02-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    US markets futures up as Amazon, Snap & Pinterest reported good earnings after market close.

Amazon up 15% in after market trades.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazo...162246834.html

Will the headlines scream Amazon up US$211billion, making Jeff Bezos even richer?

Or will they say Amazon are planning oncoming to Auckland to keep Costco company & start fencing out
    the NZ Market ?

actually didnt think amazon result that good , slow down evident in parts of there business , just like meta
    so the whole fang thing is starting to unravel i reckon.
    fang propelled the market up big time last yr and with all the concentration in these 5 odd stocks by funds etc might get ugly at some stage

what about oil wow over 90 now aiming for $100 ( causing inflation to rise more ) and US bonds big jump no good for stocks yukky times for long term investors ahead i reckon
    Last edited by bull....; 05-02-2022 at 04:47 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Meta will be the buy of the decade soon. Bottom draw stuff. TikTok will be like snap soon. Keep asking your nieces and nephews what platform they use. Or ask the grandkids. They are the best guide. After FB listed it fell lots on concerns it wouldn’t be able to generate ad revenue via mobile vs desktop. It found a way. FB run by a very smart lizard 🦎

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    actually didnt think amazon result that good , slow down evident in parts of there business , just like meta
    so the whole fang thing is starting to unravel i reckon.
    fang propelled the market up big time last yr and with all the concentration in these 5 odd stocks by funds etc might get ugly at some stage

what about oil wow over 90 now aiming for $100 ( causing inflation to rise more ) and US bonds big jump no good for stocks yukky times for long term investors ahead i reckon
    Just to let u know as it seems u keep thinking long term investors think and behave like u ...long term investors in good stocks do not sweat too much about such cycles ...they know things are cyclic and they stay invested ...Nothing will be remain " Ugly " for ever ...eg I am invested in FPH / MFT since 2010 ...saw many cycles of rates and what not ...but stocks kept making newer highs ...imagine 2.42 to 30 and 6.46 to 88 ...of course saw many ups and downs and many advises like yours to get out and save yourself ...but investors remain invested ...maybe this time is different ? Is that u trying to say to long term investors ...or u just warning about FANG stock investors ? Not very clear to me ...

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Just to let u know as it seems u keep thinking long term investors think and behave like u ...long term investors in good stocks do not sweat too much about such cycles ...they know things are cyclic and they stay invested ...Nothing will be remain " Ugly " for ever ...eg I am invested in FPH / MFT since 2010 ...saw many cycles of rates and what not ...but stocks kept making newer highs ...imagine 2.42 to 30 and 6.46 to 88 ...of course saw many ups and downs and many advises like yours to get out and save yourself ...but investors remain invested ...maybe this time is different ? Is that u trying to say to long term investors ...or u just warning about FANG stock investors ? Not very clear to me ...
    We've essentially had one enormous bull market since 2010 - this has been the exception, not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    We've essentially had one enormous bull market since 2010 - this has been the exception, not the norm.
    exactly like all other bull markets in history prices will revert to the mean at some stage.

bull, time to update your name to bear

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    i do both long term and short term , just not much of either at the moment. the only really long term stock i have now is MHI which i have held since 1995 most others have sold. i buy low ride the trends sell and repeat. so in effect i time the cycles if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    bull, time to update your name to bear
    Thought you would have figured out by now that that bull…. = bull shxt?