sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Thought you would have figured out by now that that bull…. = bull shxt?
    LMFAO!! Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Thought you would have figured out by now that that bull…. = bull shxt?
    hlg $10 was the loud call from balance why bull was saying get out at 7+

disgruntled people will always throw insults around.

anyway thats it for another week enjoy the weekend
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    actually didnt think amazon result that good , slow down evident in parts of there business , just like meta
    so the whole fang thing is starting to unravel i reckon.
    fang propelled the market up big time last yr and with all the concentration in these 5 odd stocks by funds etc might get ugly at some stage

what about oil wow over 90 now aiming for $100 ( causing inflation to rise more ) and US bonds big jump no good for stocks yukky times for long term investors ahead i reckon
    Yes the rising cost of energy(this will last for years imo,green energy a long way from taking up the slack) is causing fuel poverty,food production costs will go up,inflation ,wages etc etc.Ive sold my fph (bought @re $3) ,RMD too as the shift to Value stocks occurs and future cashflow values are being discounted more.But I also need more cash for an investment outside of Equities so the time is right for me.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 05-02-2022 at 10:24 AM.

hlg $10 was the loud call from balance why bull was saying get out at 7+

disgruntled people will always throw insults around.

anyway thats it for another week enjoy the weekend
    Yes, and I should be so smart as to predict the delta & omicron outbreak as well?

I added to my HLG position, confident in my analysis and continuing to enjoy the huge dividend income I derive from this most outstanding of stock.

Meanwhile, whatever happened with your ATM trade last year? It was going to bounce when it reported, remember?
    Last edited by Balance; 05-02-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Our resident BS artist shouting gloom from the top of the roof in April & May 2020 (sample posts) when markets started recovering from the cratering in March 2020 :

im still not convinced everything is all rosy (economy reality vrs stockmarket reality) to go long term stock positions so remain mostly cash and just trading in and out short term stuff. the fed can print all the money they like but none of us know what implications this has long term.
    even buffet see no value in the market even after the declines

Berkshire Hathaway’s first-quarter earnings revealed that Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett built up the conglomerate’s cash fortress and only bought small portions of stock during the violent rout of equity markets due to the coronavirus.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/02/warr...rket-rout.html

virtual meeting on now with buffet

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/02/warr...e-updates.html

that was one hot inflation print just released. fed well behind the curve still stick to my view there going to be a surprise.

anyway asx reporting underway in earnest next week see ya next mth
    Last edited by bull....; 11-02-2022 at 02:41 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

that was one hot inflation print just released. fed well behind the curve still stick to my view there going to be a surprise.

I guess given its a surprise I recon you don't want to share with us what it will be? Rates up (would makes sense - i.e. not really a surprise) or down (hey, this really would be a surprise ...).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

... have power to make you great

Min wage up 6 percent from April, no heads up... dog chasing tail scenario. Also never mind that inflation was 5 perc and not 6. This increase adds to the inflation story.

Now those businesses in the covid firing line and on the brink just wont come back. As a shareholder, many of our companies just stopped paying divies as they needed cash, other companies were cowered into not paying shareholders or claiming legitimate money. Some have still not returned to precovid DPS. We need a shd union

The opening para's from the Wall Street Journal:
    "A relentless surge in U.S. inflation reached another four-decade high last month, accelerating to a 7.5% annual rate as strong consumer demand collided with pandemic-related supply disruptions.

The Labor Department on Thursday said the consumer-price index—which measures what consumers pay for goods and services—in January reached its highest level since February 1982, when compared with the same month a year ago. That put inflation above December’s 7% annual rate and well above the 1.8% annual rate for inflation in 2019 ahead of the pandemic."

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    The opening para's from the Wall Street Journal:
    "A relentless surge in U.S. inflation reached another four-decade high last month, accelerating to a 7.5% annual rate as strong consumer demand collided with pandemic-related supply disruptions.

The Labor Department on Thursday said the consumer-price index—which measures what consumers pay for goods and services—in January reached its highest level since February 1982, when compared with the same month a year ago. That put inflation above December’s 7% annual rate and well above the 1.8% annual rate for inflation in 2019 ahead of the pandemic."
    I think they hit the nail on head . Red hot inflation will die easier if pandemic disruptions go away and mellowing consumer demand with higher rates reduces money supply