sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

I hope the oligarchs like eating turnips and building mansions with concrete. It's probably all they will be able to get under sanctions.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 24-02-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Guru

5 russian aircraft shot down.

Russia is of course denying it like they covered up their corona numbers.

IMO

40- 50% of Europe's gas supplies come from Russia and it's Winter .

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    5 russian aircraft shot down.

Russia is of course denying it like they covered up their corona numbers.
    hope Ukraine add 4 zeroes to that number

Advanced Member

The video leading the NY Times is shocking - particularly when you watch with sound
    https://www.nytimes.com/

peacekeepers, eh? the west was lying about russia's intentions, eh?

Truly disgusting. As all war is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Putin threatening anyone tempted to interfere or create threats to our country should know that Russia's response will be immediate and will lead to such consequences as you have never experienced in your history" etc on CNN.
    So the transparency of the Butcher there for all to see .
    I think we all know he's referring to nuclear weapons of which they have the largest arsenal of any country in the world and of course if he uses them we know what comes next. It feels "absolutely wonderful" to be living under the threat of global nuclear war. I was too young to understand the threat of the Cuban Missile crisis...nearly didn't make it to my first birthday https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis. Here we are 60 years later with the same overt threat of global nuclear war that's never been more starkly portrayed in my lifetime since 1962...but I can't bring myself to indulge in more than a few minutes self pity because my heart goes out to all the poor Ukrainians facing a heinous invasion, massive loss of life and injury and a very uncertain future for the survivors. Truly heartbreaking stuff.
    Its a truly black day.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-02-2022 at 08:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think we all know he's referring to nuclear weapons of which they have the largest arsenal of any country in the world and of course if he uses them we know what comes next. It feels "absolutely wonderful" to be living under the threat of global nuclear war. I was too young to understand the threat of the Cuban Missile crisis...nearly didn't make it to my first birthday https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis. Here we are 60 years later with the same overt threat of global nuclear war that's never been more starkly portrayed in my lifetime since 1962...but I can't bring myself to indulge in more than a few minutes self pity because my heart goes out to all the poor Ukrainians facing a heinous invasion, massive loss of life and injury and a very uncertain future for the survivors. Truly heartbreaking stuff.
    Its a truly black day.
    amen

those poor buggers

Guru

just like peace in our time 1938-39...

how the west under estimated a butcher ..a mad man...

sell off could last weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    just like peace in our time 1938-39...

how the west under estimated a butcher ..a mad man...

sell off could last weeks
    Yeah...good time to have already hoarded lots of cash...something both you and I have been saying for quite some time now.
    No hurry to deploy that cash is there ! This is the black swan event many saw coming but very few took proactive steps to protect their portfolio from.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Gold price $1968
    Dow futures down 800 ATM
    Europe down 4 to 5 % mostly
    Brent oil re $105
    Bitcoin DOWN
    Food commodities plus 5/% all atpit