sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    I dont think you understand the situation, if 11m barrels stops tomorrow there is NO replacement
    I think I understand the situation.

Russia produces roughly 10% of the worlds oil supplies and consumes roughly 3.7% of the world oil supplies, this means that worst case 6.3% of the world oil supplies will go amiss in the case of a total boycott.

However - I am sure that some of the neighbouring Russian lackies and international pariahs are more than happy to buy some of the boycotted Russian oil. I am thinking about countries like North Korea, China, Myanmar, and probably Pakistan and India. While Iran belongs to the same lot, they probably have enough own oil. Russian lackies will make sure to reduce these 6.3% to less than half - maybe use all of it.

This means that any western boycott might mean some reshuffle of oil supply lines and it might mean as well less western money for Russia. It would however in the midterm not materially impact on our oil supply. Sure - there would be some initial jitter until all the oil tankers are rerouted ... and maybe oil prices would lift a bit. What's the big fuss? Oil is ways too cheap as long as people are happy to waste it. Lets give them an incentive to drive more economical cars, to drive less, to teach children to walk instead of been driven and to put their mechanical toys into the storage instead of polluting with them our environment, shall we?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 06-03-2022 at 12:15 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Oil prices will stabilise when China, one of the world’s biggest consumer of oil, buys the Russian oil rejected by other countries.

China reduces its imports from other OPEC countries who in turn will have to sell into the market.

Guru

'Shell PLC has snapped up a cargo of Russian crude at a bargain price, ending a self-imposed embargo on Russian oil by the international energy industry.

Shell bought 100,000 metric tons of Russia’s flagship Urals crude on Friday, according to people familiar with the transaction. It paid $28.50 a barrel below the price of international benchmark Brent crude, the widest discount on record.

London-listed Shell bought the crude from Trafigura Group Pte. Ltd., one of the biggest commodity traders and largest exporters of Russian oil"
    https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/rus...2HQlmPm5d5aAgG

Skyrocketing Oil Prices + Flattening Yield Curve + Wimpish RBNZ = Recession

How do NZ stocks go in a recession?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Skyrocketing Oil Prices + Flattening Yield Curve + Wimpish RBNZ = Recession

How do NZ stocks go in a recession?
    Recession = drop in interest rates.

What does that mean for the trillions of dollars sloshing around looking for a return?

Back to property?

So when America invades Iraq Afghanistan, libia, Syrians many other countries its ok.. NATO and the UN aswell...... but when Russia goes at Ukraine to protect itself from a hostile takeover from the west then its boycotts and seizing assets... there were also 14,000 Russians murdered in Ukraine by extremists over the years..
    There's far more to the story than you believe... and I think it's because Putin (like Trump) aren't doing what they are told to do...
    It all reeks to high hell and none of yous see it...

You have to go search for the proper info... you will not find it on the mainstream media...

Who's ready for another volatile week.

the best bets are on inflation sky rocketing this yr and growth slowing or in NZ case going into recession.
    i see the yield curve in NZ is virtually signalling recession is coming now not surprising when you consider NZ is dependant on a open world for trade and the opposite is going to accelerate now which NZ is not prepared for at all.
    downgrades coming for NZX companies later this yr or next yr. dividends wont save you
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Who's ready for another volatile week.

the best bets are on inflation sky rocketing this yr and growth slowing or in NZ case going into recession.
    i see the yield curve in NZ is virtually signalling recession is coming now not surprising when you consider NZ is dependant on a open world for trade and the opposite is going to accelerate now which NZ is not prepared for at all.
    downgrades coming for NZX companies later this yr or next yr. dividends wont save you
    Interest rates back down to 0.25%.

If interest rates go back down to the low 2s I’ll be laughing all the way to the bank

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    If interest rates go back down to the low 2s I’ll be laughing all the way to the bank
    That's what happens if recession hits.