sharetrader
Page 105 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

I was begining to think the market (US) was going to shrug off the Fed interest rise and then Bam! (or maybe just a Bam without the exclamation point--we'll find out Tues)
    Last edited by skid; 19-12-2015 at 11:15 AM.

I think it's all about oil or the price of it. Russians are budgeting on $30 bbl as I have read, so I think there is still some way to go. My holdings on the DOW were off 3% this morning and I am expecting a continuation of a down trend for a while. The only way to rationalise it is to see this as a buying opportunity. I hold mainly Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    I think it's all about oil or the price of it. Russians are budgeting on $30 bbl as I have read, so I think there is still some way to go. My holdings on the DOW were off 3% this morning and I am expecting a continuation of a down trend for a while. The only way to rationalise it is to see this as a buying opportunity. I hold mainly Visa.
    Why worry....QE 4 is coming soon...to a market near you.
    cks

A bit of fear creaping into the market again. China - trading halt, now big drop in US markets. Could be an interesting week.

Yep maybe a bit of cleansing about to happen.
    Technically head and shoulders on the dow so we shall see what that brings, S&P 500 and Russell 2000 looking the same of course.

Guru

another bad day on the US markets
    So far they have managed to shrug off these drops but I guess it would be fool hearty to disregard

Attachment 7785

Old cartoon I found

Quote Originally Posted by pak View Post
    A bit of fear creaping into the market again. China - trading halt, now big drop in US markets. Could be an interesting week.
    Emerging markets are the future of the global economy...an they always will be.

I can only restate my view on emerging markets:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    It’s interesting to reflect that one of the most dominant features of the last two centuries has been an increasing divergence between the ‘developing’ world and the 'developed' world (measured by GDP per capita). In a way the aberration has been the last decade and a half in which developing countries have experienced higher growth rates than developed countries so briefly appeared although they were on a converging path with the developed world. However growth rates are not persistent and it appears the global situation is normalising with economies regressing towards the long term mean growth rates. That’s why it really interests people like me that many have come to see developing countries as a better bet than using resources in developed economies which have an extended track record of outperforming.

so much for having the week off lol might retest the 16000 level this week?, nz is still looking good though
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    so much for having the week off lol might retest the 16000 level this week?, nz is still looking good though
    New Zealand cannot hold out forever,to think a tiny economy like ours is totally insulated will lose you money--Its looking like China part 2....other markets tumbling as a result (Chinas market went down 7% in a few hrs before the ''circuit breaker''kicked in and closed the market--the 2nd time this week)

correction on a few hrs--it was 14minutes 7 secounds
    Last edited by skid; 08-01-2016 at 10:41 AM.