sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    LOL! (seriously you have to laugh)

At least the boomers are okay
    I am not laughing. Was your father not in that landing craft getting shot up.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I am not laughing. Was your father not in that landing craft getting shot up.

Fair enough. Sorry, I did not mean to cause offence re WW2 by finding the post humorous. Only trying to take solace and share in humour re the bear market like in March, to make it more passable. Never met my grandad who was shotdown over japan…took photos of bombing damage during the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just as well NZ inflation is so hard to calculate we only do it quarterly So well live with 6.9% for a few more months ….cool eh
    If StatsNZ got themselves together they could probably just about update the basket and publish inflation data in real-time based on card transaction data.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes,unfort a greenwashing spin.And yet it's many years before alternative energy gets any where near replacing oil,coal,gas and they are far more expensive with enormous amounts of energy required to make them.Maybe Nuclear power plants are the only hope . A decade of under investment in exploration by the major oil companies has really turbo charged the undersupply of energy for the foreseeable future imo.

My investment in energy stocks is protecting my( sold down in last few months ) portfolio big time.My small investment in green energy pumped hydro and solar down 50 % atp.
    Anyone in profit with their new green energy investments?

Guru

In a place with no safety net unemployment can be particuarly bad.

Maybe this is partly why US authorities are reluctant to deal with inflation (at the cost of jobs).

Guru

For those unbelievers

" We believe that higher energy prices will, over the medium term, accelerate electrification and the march towards renewables by lowering the barriers to entry (by making alternative forms of energy more compelling cost-wise). Since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, we have also seen huge investment into renewables projects as well as green hydrogen. This strategy provides the Fund with exposure to what we believe will be a dominant theme over the next decade."
    https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...or+12+May+2022

S&P500 futures down again pre-opening.

Edit to add: PPI over forcast as well unfortunately. Sticky wicket this inflation business.
    Last edited by Tomtom; 13-05-2022 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    For those unbelievers

" We believe that higher energy prices will, over the medium term, accelerate electrification and the march towards renewables by lowering the barriers to entry (by making alternative forms of energy more compelling cost-wise). Since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, we have also seen huge investment into renewables projects as well as green hydrogen. This strategy provides the Fund with exposure to what we believe will be a dominant theme over the next decade."
    https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...or+12+May+2022
    Yes for sure Pure EV + Hybrid plug-ins interest from NZ buyers has gone threw the roof .. $3lt+ fuel the kicker for many ..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

sea of red again on stock markets ... still plenty to go in this bear

nzd dollar crushed again

anyway i see people are starting selling there winners now too ie apple tanking this week , other sector safe spots like utilities / staples , energy will all follow soon tooo a degree
    guess it wont be long before the bear engulf the whole market as they do

wonder when the etf redemtion rush will commence ?
    Last edited by bull....; 13-05-2022 at 07:16 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd