sharetrader
Page 11 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

This is China we are talking about, not a National run NZ government.
    Air NZ wasn't state owned, but Labour bailed them out.
    Its not if, they are, other than the listed component obviously.
    China is trying to develop a fledgling market economy and has created a domestic stock market by partially listing state owned enterprises as a way to tap into markets ie. raise cash. I don't think China is about to let them fail. Also as far as I am aware the Chinese market has basically given back the 170% gains it once had. The Chinese government has plenty of ammunition such as still relatively high interest rates and masses of reserves. Something none of the major Western economies have at their disposal. They also have substantial growth, all be it perhaps slowing.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Please remember everyone:
    falling_knife.png

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Please remember everyone:
    falling_knife.png
    Air at $2.53....panic on the street..
    cks

Hunting for Heuristic trends

and...
    Even bears can get caught out with swift changes

Last edited by arc; 25-08-2015 at 09:36 AM.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...nz-dollar-down

I love how Stuff are using this thread for quotes on their breaking news article!!

Don't quite get the significance of the polar bear above...something to do with a bear market? The hypothetical extinction of polar bears?

Anyway this is the place to go for a good irrational panic? Hysteria? Lemming like rush? Complete lack of logic? I see Genesis is down despite a brilliant surge in profitability and dividend! NZ shares, unlike Chinese and US shares are not overvalued in terms of fundamentals.
    I'm sitting on my hands, spent my dough on some more Spark before their good result and another share I won't name (a turnround prospect).
    So I'll have another cup of tea and spend the morning under the bed reading Revelations (last book of the Bible) and laughing. It's a cup of tea, a walk in the park, compared to 1987....

Banned

Gosh my portfolio down about 260k, still slept well last night and I'll sleep well tonight also, never been much of a sheep so not easily led to the slaughter house, mind you lambs have never been the most patient of critters

Quote Originally Posted by bucko View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...nz-dollar-down

I love how Stuff are using this thread for quotes on their breaking news article!!
    Classic! I dare not saying anything more here in case I coin a new name like: Terrible Tuesday... Ooops!

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    So I'll have another cup of tea and spend the morning under the bed reading Revelations (last book of the Bible) and laughing.
    HA! Cheers for splashing my screen with coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Don't quite get the significance of the polar bear above...something to do with a bear market? The hypothetical extinction of polar bears?

Anyway this is the place to go for a good irrational panic? Hysteria? Lemming like rush? Complete lack of logic? I see Genesis is down despite a brilliant surge in profitability and dividend! NZ shares, unlike Chinese and US shares are not overvalued in terms of fundamentals.
    I'm sitting on my hands, spent my dough on some more Spark before their good result and another share I won't name (a turnround prospect).
    So I'll have another cup of tea and spend the morning under the bed reading Revelations (last book of the Bible) and laughing. It's a cup of tea, a walk in the park, compared to 1987....
    Major
    As an Economist can you make a comment to us non economists on the significance of Chinas massive reserves being in US Dollars in the current environment? Thanks