sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Aren't you a bit early? I thought you would be looking some time after 2025?
    No idea, not sure why I replied except I thought you had some strong convictions around cycles and the timing of these.
    Through everything out the window when I concluded that the recent housing mania was the top.
    My guru who I no longer subscribe to seemed confused in an interview.
    I realize that the housing market could take years to reach bottom but I don't want to wait.
    No strong convictions anymore and it's not a great feeling.
    Really enjoy reading what you have to say, agree that Orr was niave about deflation.
    Last edited by clearasmud; 25-05-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Aye - a clear signal more 50bps hikes coming. A big ramp up the RBNZ’s peak from just a few weeks ago.

Time to get real IMO

RBNZ were the exact outfit which facilitated the large Money Printing exercise which in turn
    resulted in excess extra money supply in the goldfish bowl in the first place.

The Real Unreported Large Scale Inflation event occurred with that Act from the RB.

Everyone saw the effects of that event but for some reason the RB must have been too asleep
    blind, stupid or incompetent to notice what their magic money creation scheme would likely result in.

A small child in any of the country's kindergartens could have likely pointed out what the
    likely outcome would be

Perhaps ORR should step down / resign over this ?

There is absolutely no excuse for RB belatedly waking up that there is suddenly inflation
    hitting their dials (which was always there in real terms because they created it) or
    for their suddenly moving to potentially crash sectors of the economy, thereby risking
    potential Recession or worse bringing on Depression through their own acts..
    Last edited by nztx; 26-05-2022 at 07:27 AM.

bad news for NZ out of china yesterday. china saying growth slowing down rapidly

China's economy worse off in some ways than 2020, says Premier

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2501323_1.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    bad news for NZ out of china yesterday. china saying growth slowing down rapidly

Maybe if they bought western vaccines that work or stop the archaic lockdowns they would be doing a bit better..

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Maybe if they bought western vaccines that work or stop the archaic lockdowns they would be doing a bit better..
    they never do that anyway one benefit of the lockdowns in china is that petrol prices are low in NZ wait till they open up again lol

Great opportunity to wean our economy from relying on business with another of the nasty autocrats who love to ignore human rights and perform genocide with the money we give them ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Maybe if they went neutral on Ukraine, stopped their absurd and unnecessary quest to annex Taiwan and built some international kudos, their trade and investment appeal might go back up. A bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dibble View Post
    Maybe if they went neutral on Ukraine, stopped their absurd and unnecessary quest to annex Taiwan and built some international kudos, their trade and investment appeal might go back up. A bit.
    ... and never mind their ongoing genocide in Xinjang ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

they never do that anyway one benefit of the lockdowns in china is that petrol prices are low in NZ wait till they open up again lol

Low in Auckland too I understand -- in recent days reported as motoring north above $3 a litre
    presumably after taking off the discount on hefty Govt fuel rip-offs added on in first place too

Probably low compared to 5 bucks though

seems like ORR is frightening the sheep NZX beaten down again

nice little intr-day range trading going on in the nzx , breakdown should send us down too the target i mentioned a while back of 10700.